Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
bedwards0978

Admiral fridge LSD2615HEW Defrost Problems

8 posts in this topic

I went out to this fridge with a no cool issue back in January and diagnosed a bad ADC board. I replaced board and all was good. I got a call 5 months later that the fridge was having a no cool issue again. I manually put the unit in defrost and everything was working, bad control board again. I replaced the board under warranty and went on. I get a call today that the fridge is not cooling again. I have not went out yet, but I can only assume that the heating system is going to work when manual defrost is initiated. Is there something that I am missing on this unit. The calrod element is working, is it possible that it works but does not work good enough??

Just for FYI, my suppliers look up system shows part#12002495 for the ADC board. When I put the model# into RepairClinic it shows part#67004704. I am a little concerned about the discrepancy there.

Thanks ahead of time.

Another question. What could explain the long periods of time that it takes for the evap to ice up to block air flow?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

may need to see a picture of the Freezer Evaporator frost pattern

seems to be for a different model number ASD2324

LSD2615HEW

original ADC part number

The manufacturer has replaced part number 67003375

with this item, part number 12002495

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1184282

Defrost-Control-Board-12002495-01025462.

Don't have a picture, but both times I have been out the evap has been evenly coated over the entire body

if it's the board going bad again, definitely have customer put a surge protector on it. btw is it connected directly to a standard outlet?

Yes, last time I was there I measured 119v and it was not a GFC circuit.

I'm looking at the other components wired with the adc that might be eating these boards.  Defrost bi-metal on the verge of shorting out.  Freezer temp control sticking.  Excessive compressor run time.  On your return trips, are you finding heavy frost or icing on the evaporator before engaging defrost?  Icing would indicate a deeper problem, possibly sealed system related.  Heavy frost might lean toward a control issue.  Might consider a new freezer cold control along with the new adc.

Definitely is very thick and frosty. There was no ice to my recollection, just frost build up. May give the cold control a try. May explain why it is taking so long to completely frost over.

btw What are the fridge and freezer temp setings?