Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

FL drum not moving

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 redboxer

redboxer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Guinnes Stout

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

So a week before vacation and the fridgiaire FL will not move drum, in wash or spin

in any cycle. The drum turns easy as does the motor. Fils with water, then groans and clicks through the cycle until the water pumps out. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 redboxer

redboxer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

It might help to know the model # FWT449GFS1. Often had trouble (when the drum would move, with not entering high spin. like the door was not locked but hte light was on. The drum spins freely by hand as does the motor.

Any help would be appreciated!

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

Find the tech sheets on the lower left side of the cabinet........Run the tests described for no motor action........................  Pull the speed control board and look for visual damages.......Check the wire connections at board and the motor..........This is an old critter, saw one about three weeks age , the timer had failed.....................325 clam$ for a speed control board.. :woot: ................

#4 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

I always start by trying a new door lock assembly, it's way faster than trying to test it. The door lock is also the most common failure on Frigidaire front load washers.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#5 redboxer

redboxer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

Find the tech sheets on the lower left side of the cabinet........Run the tests described for no motor action........................  Pull the speed control board and look for visual damages.......Check the wire connections at board and the motor..........This is an old critter, saw one about three weeks age , the timer had failed.....................325 clam$ for a speed control board.. :woot: ................

What? read instructions first?? This goes against my nature. But then again I replaced the rear drum and bearing on this machine when I needed a new motor. I wondered what those metal pieces were doing around the motor, but since that was step 2 in the repair I breezed right by it. Doh! 
"Look for visual damage", Like what? Big burned hole? This was working OK. Door latch assembly seems to be 'no longer available, but there are others available - I'm assuming for newer models. Will those work with this model? Should I just get a new striker (the part on the door)? It does ;look like the top section may be broken. The door lock light illuminates, fills and drains. drain pump is clear. Why does this always happen on a Friday?

#6 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Door lock assy is still available p/n 131763202, should fit your machine...........Check P/N      131279000 at repair clinic for the picture of  the door "Catch"................does yours look like this????.......................if I remember correctly , the top part of the catch closes a switch in the lock assy. telling the speed board that the door is closed.........................the other tab of the catch locks the door and operates the "Door Locked" light........

#7 redboxer

redboxer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Sensei Cert tech group 51,

Indeed thank you for all your help. Hopefully one of these will solve the problem. 

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

Door lock assy is still available p/n 131763202, should fit your machine.....

only if someone has already upgraded the Door Lock Assembly in the past with this NLA kit
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=820920

Door-Lock-131888900-01235858.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#9 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Don't need to put  counterweight in makes a nice boat anchor

#10 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

It sucks that it's that kit, I was mad as hell at Frigidaire for replacing a single switch with a box full of crap and a big hunk of cement. Put Frigidaire "engineers" in the "stupid bastards" category. Plus, Frigidaire SUCKS at instruction sheets, and this one was like 8 pages with worthless photos.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#11 redboxer

redboxer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

Ok finally the temperature has cooled, and perhaps since it is Sunday, the washer gods will be kind.

On the tech sheets - Voltage drop on speed control 4 pin between 2 and 4 reads 0v. "Check thermal cut out"

Any ideas where this is hidden? This is a replacement motor from original.

#12 redboxer

redboxer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Slowly. Slowly.

On the motor, between 7 and 8 resistance is less than 1 ohm;

#13 redboxer

redboxer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

only if someone has already upgraded the Door Lock Assembly in the past with this NLA kit
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=820920

Door-Lock-131888900-01235858.jpg

This seems to be true. I replaced the strike with the one commonly available, No joy. In fact had to pry open the door! Almost trashed the washer by "fixing" it with a six dollar part!.

No one has the wiring harness that I can find. Though they may have included a counterweight to increase shipping and deal with excess flyash, it does appear they included superglue to repair the boot seal. That is a nice touch.

#14 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Out of Stock — Usually ships within 5 - 6 days

Part number: 131888900

Part number: 131888900

#15 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

... On the tech sheets - Voltage drop on speed control 4 pin between 2 and 4 reads 0v. "Check thermal cut out"

and you completed Step 2 ?

..... Reconnect electrical power and set the timer to the start of the regular wash cycle

and pull the knob out.

#16 redboxer

redboxer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Yes. Sorry for the delay, I have been trying to get to the door lock switch and check the connections there.

At step 2, There is a humming sound, but the Motor does not run.

#17 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

You tried the" most common" door strike???? .....Your old one is very different from the new style.....Another design that is not interchangeable between revisions........................Did you find the wire diagram yet????? .................I think I has one at the warehouse, may go get it if you do not has one...........,

#18 redboxer

redboxer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

yes I have the wiring diagram. Fairly greek, but with perhaps your help ...

#19 redboxer

redboxer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Trying to determine if it is the speed control or the motor.

#20 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Have you done the steps by the tech sheet??????....................... If I remember, there is steps to verify power to the speed board and then steps to verify if power is coming out of the timer..........................If I remembering correctly it is power out of terminals 11 and 11B on the timer..............................Sorry about trying to  remember all the steps but I work on all brands and all appliances.................Can't remember everything....... :gulp:............. Wait a second, I can remember when I had my last beer!!!!!!!!.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics