Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
SodaMan

Replace Lower Arm on GSD5330D00...after the tabs are broke

1 post in this topic

I have a GE Profile Triton GSD5330D00WW dishwasher manufactured just prior to 2000.  When I tried to remove the lower washer arm I used a flathead screwdriver and snapped off the tab on the cover that holds the rotator arm in place. 

I viewed a youtube video on how to replace a Lower Wash Cover Support Replacement WD12X10244. The model of that machine was not an exact match to the model of my dishwaser.  It showed how to disconnect & remove the dishwasher and turn it on its back.  It then showed how to remove the motor and insert the cover up thru the tub that will replace the part with the snapped tab.

I obtained GE Part # WD22X10017  Sprayarm Assembly which I'm told will replace the existing part in my dishwasher.

There are 2 plastic tabs which evidently can be pulled back to allow the spray arm to be removed from the cover support.  I am reluctant to retract these tabs for fear of breaking them.

Is it necessay to disconnect, pull out my dishwasher, lay it on its back & dismantle the pump because of a broken tab?

It would be good if there was a similar video that is specific to my model.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!