Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

unamaste

whirlpool gold GC3PHEXNS02 side/side condenser fan?

12 posts in this topic

Condenser fan stopped running so did meter check on wires and appeared to have voltage to fan. Replaced fan and nothing happened for about an hour then fan ran fine, Yoder cooled etc. Ran all day and night with no issues. Checked this morning and fan not running, compressor on and Yoder hot again. Should I just go for a control board?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

is there voltage present when fan should be running?

1 person likes this

ummm....yeah, I need to check that aspect. Thanks...I'm flying blind a bit here obviously.

A need a voltmeter (I'b borrowed one to check the fan the first time) to check but it is a new fan and was running. If there is not voltage to fan when compressor on, does this mean control board or could it mean compressor is going bad and pulling too voltage thereby making the fan not operable?

nope ,pretty much all it can be at that point is the control...would be prudent to check output right off the board, to rule out pinched/broken wire.

3 people like this

i would pay careful attention to the connectors as well. When you test for voltage, make sure to jiggle the connector and wires to see if there is a break/short in the wires or a bad connector. I doubt your compressor will pull that much voltage from your fan.

2 people like this

when I unplug the fridge for 1 minute, then plug it back up, the condenser fan comes back on (and runs when the compressor runs).

Thanks, waiting for the Samuri to finish lunch and approve me as an apprentice and then I'll look at the manual. The inverter here is "the" control panel I assume. Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this

Thanks, waiting for the Samuri to finish lunch and approve me as an apprentice and then I'll look at the manual. The inverter here is "the" control panel I assume. Thanks in advance.

Great, welcome aboard... uh... waiting on the Samurai to finish lunch...it may be a while, last I heard he was at a restaurant accumlating quite a large food bill. He must really be puttin' it down 'cause he said something about still working on his feed bag tab.

2 people like this

thanks all, really like this site...it helped me fix my dryer already so now just the fridge to check-off the list. I saw the Samuri, he was lookin for a place called Le Ho Fooks, gonna get a big dish of beef lo mein.

Great, welcome aboard... uh... waiting on the Samurai to finish lunch...it may be a while, last I heard he was at a restaurant accumlating quite a large food bill. He must really be puttin' it down 'cause he said something about still working on his feed bag tab.

Not to mention the huge Father's Day crowds at our favorite Japanese restaurant, Ichi Butt Steak House.  

3 people like this