Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Custumer refuses to pay for diagnostics.

Bosch Refuses to pay

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kokanee Ranger

Kokanee Ranger

Ikkō-ikki

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Kokanee ... the beer out here.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Went to look at a Bosch washer and Drier in a hair saloon on Robson Strasa (St. ) Drier not heating Washer leaking .

Looked at dried first took of back cover and reset thermal fuse. Told her if it happened again I would replace the thermo. She insisted the bellows on the washer was leaking , did not even look at it .

Refused to pay for the Drier 2nd Appliance rate.$44.75 “ All you did was press the little red button. “

Did not want to pay diagnostic on the washer as she had diagnosed it herself.

At this point told her it would be $300 to replace the bellows . Diagnostic comes off the total cost of the repair but she refused to pay.

Came back replaced the bellows She diagnosed . Collected $300

Before I got back to the Van . She came running out to the “ It's leaking again.”

What I found the leak would only happen on spin. The drain hose came out the right side to a sink Was clamped to the wall and was pointing up at a 45 dr. angle. In spin water would dribble out the end of the hose follow the hose back to its lowest point and drip to the floor on the right side. The water would then follow the slope on the floor and come out the left side of the washer.

Pulled the hose so it pointed down 45 dr. and stopped the leak.

I should have felt bad about charging her $300 for a repair she didn't need .

She insisted the bellows was the source of the leak and need to be replaced. I only did what she asked.

After stiffing me on the 2nd appliance .. and not willing to pay anything on the first visit.

I was not willing to go the extra mile for this Lady.

Funny she never called the office to complain.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

After she refused to pay for the dryer, I would not do anything else for them. For all you knew, you could have installed the bellows and she would stiff you again. I say, Screw her, she's on her own.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

I tell people the diagnostic and repair may appear to be simple after they see what is done.

Then explain the hours of study and instruction and years of experience to know what to do.

I then tell them that in the future they can call me for a phone call instruction to repair it themselves,BUT,that I will not be responsible for them shorting out the appliance or possible electrocution.

Most respond with "I suppose there is more to this than meets the eye".

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,432 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

After years of studying electronics, circuitry and high explosives, Jacob was hired by the local police dept to diffuse a bomb that was planted in a local hair Salon. After examining the myriad of wires, Jacob calmly snipped the blue wire which disarmed the bomb thereby averting disaster. When the salon owner was asked whether she owed a debt of gratitude to Jacob, she replied "Well, I knew it was a bomb all along. All he did was cut one itty bitty wire."

Moral of the story.... some people are just plain idiots.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,432 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

but all he did in the video was cut an itty bitty red wire. And he didn't even folllow instructions

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

but all he did in the video was cut an itty bitty red wire. And he didn't even follow instructions

years of experience, and intuition (and maybe some tuition)   :whistling:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 KCTBURY

KCTBURY

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

I get paid my fees upfront;> Diagnostics and deductibles or co-pays. There seems to always be someone that wants to steal your services.

Edited by KCTBURY, 17 June 2013 - 01:59 AM.

#9 btenpin

btenpin

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Seagrams

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

you gotta love people.  I went on a Samsung d/w (customers first mistake) Blinking Heavy wash which indicates water in basepan.  I quoted him fee to uninstall the unit and explained to see whats going on required removing unit from install, which they had done themselves (you can imagine how that looked). And then once I determined where the water came from I would quote repair, if he didn't want to repair I would only charge him uninstall price if he did the repair he wouled only pay repair price.

He freaked out said he knew that it was water in the bottom He saw it on the internet, and screamed at me that I was a ripoff and not paying for what he already knew.  He wasn't there, but on the phone his mommy let me in.  I just told him calmly that I wasn't a ripoff and walked out, the mother had her credit card out to pay me. Told her I wasn't a ripoff and her Son would be on my list for no service without prepayment.  Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on ME.  Great way to start  a day

#10 dimitri77565

dimitri77565

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Railean Hand Made Rum

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

LOL  Thats why I stay on a real small real estate, with minimal travel time, I pull out my little blue book & quote a price. if they don't like it I'm out of there with no time loss.

BUT ON DW since they are so cheap I try to diagnose over the phone & give them a ball park figure, had one customer balk on an 85 charge for pulling the dw drain line on an old whirlpool by the pump & clearing a piece of debriss from the check valve.

He said your web page says $50 for service call, I said YES but I performed a service.  He paid but I missed that one after so many years I LISTEN TO MY GUT FEELING, its always right!.

#11 dimitri77565

dimitri77565

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Railean Hand Made Rum

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Lady had a squeaky floor, handy man after handy man tried to repair but squeak would not go away. Finally after calling around found a Carpenter who only charged $1.00 per Nail & warrantied his work  WHAT A BARGAIN.

He showed up walked back & forth over the squeak, reached into his pouch pulls 1 nail & nails it . squeak stopped.

He turns around & charges her $100.00

"What" she screams, you said $1.00 per nail where do you get $100.00

He says yes mam , $1.00 for the nail the $99.00 is for "KNOWING WHERE TO PUT IT " !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bosch, Refuses to pay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics