Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune FL stacked washer not draining

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CTBarbarin

CTBarbarin

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:kilt lifter

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hello all,

Just yesterday picked up a stacked Neptune all electric washer/dryer combo off of craig's list. Dude said it had been sitting for 2 years, used to store stuff on top. (M/N (on back of dryer): (P)MLE2000AYW; M/N (on back of washer): (P)MHS200AWW)

Hooked it up and ran a cycle, empty, just to make sure everything was working correctly. Everything seemed like it was going good until the end when I realized I hadn't heard the thing drain at all. Opened the door after it reached the end and the tub was full of water.

You guys think the water pump has gone out (replace pump)? Or do you think it may have gotten gummed up with residue from whatever water was left in it after it was uninstalled (take apart and clean out pumps/hoses)?

Looking around for parts on this model, it appears the water pump is electric. Any tips on how to test to see if pump is bad and needs replacing...or if pump isn't even getting juice and switching is bad...would be greatly appreciated. It appears there are 2 different water pumps for this model, depending on the series. How do I know which series this unit is?

Also, I'm looking for manuals for this unit (service/repair and owners/operating)...free digital/pdf downloads preferred.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

CTB

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,255 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

Pump is either jammed from sitting or something stuck in it.  Remove the front shroud on the washer and see if it's getting voltage.  If yes, then remove pump and inspect inside, turn impeller by hand.  If bad, replace pump:  http://www.repaircli...mber=MLE2000AYW

Drain-Pump-22003059-00713708.jpg

Manual:  http://appliantology...service-manual/

#3 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Take er apart and check for any crude or blockage... A Wet Vac is your friend. check the impeller for any play. If more than 1/16" of movement, you may be looking to replace the drain pump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics