Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore dishwasher Mod. 58715074201

not enough water filling tub

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brm

brm

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Kenmore dishwasher Mod# 58715074201

Ok so not enough water filling tub, I ordered a water valve dropped it in and to my surprise it still not filling, it is filling more than it had but not enough to lift and trip the floats micro switch.

there seems to be plenty of water presser  at sink & the d/w is on the same line.

so if its not the water valve the float or water presser.

What am I missing ???

Thank you

BRM  

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

.. filling more than it had but not enough to lift and trip the floats micro switch.

usually the Float Switch is a safety device .. not normally reaches that level

The water level should be just under the Heater Element

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,390 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

Are you having other problems besides the perceived low fill:  washability complaints, water not reaching the upper rack...?

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

These Frigidaire built models the water level is not just under the heating element.  These use very little water and the correct water fill will have the water just barely covering the bottom of the heating element support brackets in front.

Only one wash arm sprays at a time, they alternate.  If the water fill is correct and still not washing you need to be looking at the main wash motor.  It has a separate drain pump to pump the water out of the dishwasher.

I just had one a few days ago that the main wash motor was running but it sounded really noisy and the impeller was barely turning and could be stopped by hand and the wash motor was still running full speed, some how the impeller drive shaft on the motor had become separated from the motor or stripped out in some way, (the first one I've ever seen do that).

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 brm

brm

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

I wish id had  looked over yore answers before the shop told him he likely had a water presser pluming problem.

with the new valve it had filled twice what it had been filling. so now I convinced with yore replies it had enough water.  

sounds like  this was my mistake cuss to verify I had enough water, I did the 8 glass test

4 to a rack upside down if they fill yore good, if not you have a issue.
I was unaware only one spry arm ran at a time, so to me with only one racks glasses filling it looked as if I still had a problem.

thank you for the education.

brm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics