Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Adora WHDRE526E1WW spin cycle never ends...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dan817

dan817

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Whatever is free and cold

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Friends of mine called with this problem (my helpful son suggested "maybe dad could fix it"). No matter which cycle they select, when it reaches SPIN, it never ends. The only way to stop it is to unplug it. Even opening the hatch (that's a navel...er Naval term) doesn't interupt the spinnnnnnning.

Any suggestions on what to try, or look for, when I get to their house? Like where should I apply the first whack with a hammer?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions (pertaining to washer repair).

Dan O

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Faulty control board.

http://www.repaircli...2X10323/1193028

Eric

#3 dan817

dan817

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

Thanks Eric. Anything specific I can look for on the control board for this problem? Possibly a cracked trace or faulty diode, etc.? I'm an electronics tech and would like to try a repair prior to replacement, if possible.

Thanks again,

Dan O

#4 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

Nothing specific that I am aware of although I would certainly do a close inspection with magnifier to look for broken solder joints. As you know, there is a tendency for this to happen on components with large lead sizes such as the relays, 10 of them on this board, large electrolytics, transformers and the wire harness connectors. Also try tapping on the relays while it's in perpetual spin, may be a stuck relay.

You can place the control board into service mode by first placing cycle selector in 9 oclock position and then holding the start button and rotating the cycle selector dial 180°, then release start button. There should be a tech sheet behind the control panel explaining this and showing what the error codes are if any.

If you get a new control board, you must transfer the mode select connector from the old one to the new one. It's the plug next to the transformer with the jumper wire on it.

Eric

Edited by fairbank56, 18 June 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#5 dan817

dan817

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

Thanks again, Eric. Actually going to friends' house tonight to lay eyes on washer for first time. This all helps. Exactly what I was planning to do was look around on/off switch and any other points of pressure to PCB. I've fixed many things through visual inspection alone. (people think you're a genius when you do that :rocker: )

Anyway, going armed with as much info as I can and hopefully can fix 'em up.

Cheers,

Dan O

#6 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Same here, I spent 37 years as a marine electronics service technician before retiring and getting into appliance repair as a hobby. Washer electrical systems are a piece of cake compared to what I worked on :wink:  Iv'e done component level repairs to many hundreds of circuit boards over the years and bad solder joints were the number one failure.

The control unit in your washer actually consists of 3 separate boards. Would be nice to get the schematic for them but you'll never get them out of the manufacturer. Iv'e reverse engineered several pieces of equipment in the past to make my own schematics when manufacturers wouldn't give them up. Time consuming but very satisfying when your done :rocker:

Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics