Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch dishwasher making draining noises

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rocknronnc

rocknronnc

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Rolling Rock

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

my Bosch dishwasher SHX46A is usually pretty quiet, i just recently had to replace the drain hose because of a leak and now when it is going through its cycles i am noticing draining sounds where it empties into the garbage disposal. i did not notice these sounds before,  i connected it up just as it was with the old drain hose.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'm guessing your old drain hose was leaking from where it was kinked, possibly during installation.  With your new drain hose properly installed and free of any kinks or restrictions, the dishwasher is now draining the way it was designed.

#3 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

You hear the sounds,but,do you see the water draining?

#4 rocknronnc

rocknronnc

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Rolling Rock

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

yes, i see the water draining into the garbage disposal.

#5 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'm guessing your old drain hose was leaking from where it was kinked, possibly during installation. With your new drain hose properly installed and free of any kinks or restrictions, the dishwasher is now draining the way it was designed.

Another words, before it had a partial restriction slowing down the water therefor you never heard the water splash into the disposal. This is normal now that the hose has no restrictions. I'd be worried if I didn't here it.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#6 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

I misread your post.

I thought you were draining while washing.

If it is only doing this while draining,all is good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics