Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Amana washer NAV2335AWW

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 appmed1

appmed1

Yamabushi

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:burning skye

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

I looked at this washer this morning and am somewhaty perturbed. When the pulley goes one way it agitates and the other way it spins. With an empty tub everything looks good. When it it loaded it clunks when it agitates, but is fine when it spins.When it agitates the basket slips approximately 2 inches back and forth.

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

while its agitating carefully hold the transmission in place to see if the noise goes away.  If it does you need to fix your brake issue

#3 appmed1

appmed1

Yamabushi

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:burning skye

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for your help. The cam had the thinnest washer and I had to leave it out to get it back together. This resolved the brake problem and now it works well. Does this mean the transmission is going out? Any input would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics