Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo
- - - - -

Fixing a warm Amana bottom-mount refrigerator, Pt. 5: Reassembling the freezer compartment

Amana Jenn-Air Maytag bottom-mount refrigerator freezer disassembly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

This is Act 5 and the grand finale of the runaway Broadway hit five-part appliance repair rock opera, "My Darling, Amana, only gives me Warm Beer and Sour Milk."  The complete playlist is here:  http://www.youtube.c...sSaRLcc7UhMELje

Be dazzled as Samurai Appliance Repair Man effortlessly leads you through the re-assembly of the freezer compartment in an Amana bottom-mount refrigerator. BONUS: by reversing procedure the Samurai illustrates here, you can also disassemble the freezer! It's like two videos in one! 

Here are links to some of the freezer door parts used in these bottom-mount Amana's.  These are brand new, genuine OEM parts that come with a one-year return policy:

Freezer door glide and gear kit:  http://www.repaircli...873?RCAID=24038

Freezer drawer slide rail: http://www.repaircli...333?RCAID=24038

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,091 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

Once you have mastered the proper technique as shown by the Samurai, you can try a few advanced time saving moves.

You can remove the evap panel without taking the bottom rail guides.out... or take out just one. During reinstall, put the bottom of the panel in first, making sure it is outside of the drain pan. Btw don't forget to pull the thermistor through the panel before you set the top part of the panel in place. It ia very easy to forget.

You can also try removing the freezer door and sliding rails together thus avoiding the frustration of having to set the door onto the rails during reinstall. Use a long screw driver (I find that a really long screw driver.. uh uh.. longer.. is indispensable during several stages when working on this freezer drawer from hell) to press a rail tab in, pull the door on that side sllghtly to slide that rail out just enough to cover the tab and keep it from relocking. Do the other side, then slide the door and rails out as one piece.

To reinstall, simply align the rails (balance the door on your foot if you must) then close the door. Easy peasy! But what is that little piece of plastic you placed inside the basket? Uh huh, no need to hide it.. thermistor cover right? .. forgot to pull the thermistor through the evap panel again didn't ya? Look on the bright side.. you get to practice removing and reinstalling the door and rails again. I aint laughing, only chucking for how do you think I became so good at it?

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amana, Jenn-Air, Maytag, bottom-mount, refrigerator, freezer, disassembly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics