Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
BenR

LG WM1814CW stops shortly after cycle start

34 posts in this topic

After washer fills with water and shortly after wash cycle starts (any cycle) the machine stops with no error code. Might run for 5 minutes but might stop as soon as it tries to rotate the drum... With only two towels loaded it stopped it a few minutes ago. It will however run a complete cycle if nothing but water and soap are loaded. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... Might run for 5 minutes but might stop as soon as it tries to rotate the drum...

Does it start up again by itself after a few minutes ?

No. Does not restart on its own. Can press buttons to restart and same thing happens again.

Check the power in the wall. Had one do similar things and there was an open neutral in his power.

Loose Door Switch ?

Can you re-start it right away ?

Is the Start Button flashing ?

No open neutral. I just checked. It has been running fine for five years in the same place. This just started. It like clean water, but doesn't want to wash clothes...

Door switch is fine. Will restart immediately and no flashing start button.

Can a bad Hall-Effect sensor cause the system to stop when the drum tries to rotate with a load on it?

Two towels = out of balanced load. I would put 5-7 towels in During test runs.

What noises are coming from your machine?

No noises. Sounds from the washer are all normal. Stops with a full load, two towels, or a tee shirt. Yesterday morning's full load of towels are still wet and in two buckets.

Sounds from me are getting increasingly course.

If the hall sensor was bad, the main PCB would throw and error code, LE.  

When it stops, does the display go blank or does it continue to show run time? 

Goes blank.

Look for a loose connection at the noise filter.  

Donde esta? The link is for a dishwasher.

Look for a loose connection at the noise filter.  

Anyone else getting dishwasher out of the link above?

Noise Filter link works OK for me ...

The video on the link page shows the location and procedure for changing the noise filter in an LG Dishwasher. Where is it located on the washing machine?

I should have been more specific when I mentioned the link. I was referring to the video  on the page. Before I take the washer back apart, where will I find it?

Good catch on the video, I didn't even look at it, was merely showing what the part looked like.

Remove the top panel, three screws in back. Panel slides back and off. Follow the power cord inside the washer, it'll lead you straight to the noise filter.

Thanks, easy to get at but no loose connections at the noise filter.  :nono: 

Move on the main PCB. Follow the wires from the noise filter, take you right there. Disconnect-reconnect.

Disconnected and reconnected everything at PCB including noise filter. Put load of existing wet towels (4 big towels, socks and a running tee shirt) back in the washer added detergent selected Normal cycle and the Start. As soon as it tried to rotate the drum to weigh the load the unit shut off with no error code. Never got to the point of filling.

I had a duet washer that did almost the exact same thing. It would start and then just turn right back off, no errors, no nothing. It turned out to be a broken connection at the temperature thermistor in the tub, fixed the connector and worked like a champ.

Not saying that's the problem here, just suggesting checking the connectors and resetting them on all of the components.

I downloaded the Service Manual. Big thanks for that! I will go through the test info in the manual as well and check connection at the thermistor.

I'm not allowed to view the image file you attached though based on my Grasshopper status I think.

Right now I just like to have my Grandma's old Maytag washer with the wringer that was on the back porch of her farmhouse...

OK, going through the QC Test mode the get the following-

Start test mode sequence - all lamps turn on, door locks and display reads ( lH:bl )

press Start/Pause button - 1 time - drum turns clockwise and display  shows rpm to be 46 - 47

press the Start/Pause button - 2nd time  to test Low speed Spin - ENTIRE SYSTEM shuts down

and I can't get past that point.

Any clues?

Just tried it again and it ran through the full test sequence with no problems. What the heck?