Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
appliancecare

GE Refrigerator GFSF6KKYBWW

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any tips on servicing the ice maker in one of these?.  No ice. No water in mold.  Water through door ok.   Cannot get it to do a harvest cycle.  There is a test button on the side of the ice maker.  I know that there has been a few requests for a manual for this unit but one hasn't been found.

Thanks,

Edited by appliancecare

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This one is like the Samsung. I usually use a magnet to close the door switch. Typically you have to hold the test switch for 10 secs a couple times to make it cycle. Usually if it won't cycle, I have replaced the ice maker on the GE model every time.

Ice Maker Assembly:  Part number: AP4513392

Part number: AP4513392