Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sub Zero 550 compressor replacements?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 acfixerdude

acfixerdude

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lagunitas IPA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Looking for a cheap replacement compressor (for both the refer and freezer) for a Sub Zero 550 w/ R12.

Planning on using an R409 drop in and using comparable compressors that will fit. Any suggestions on what compressors will work?

Sub Zero part numbers:

Freezer compressor - 7014067

Refrigerator compressor - 4201670

Need to get these replacements ordered today, please help!

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KCTBURY

KCTBURY

www.ieappliance.com

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

I pull the compressors... Flush the lines with rx11 flush kit.... Purge them with nitrogen... Install a r134a compressor... Pressure test the lines with nitrogen..,. Vacuum.... Add r134a. Oh yea and put new drier filters in.... Ill find the pn one second

#3 KCTBURY

KCTBURY

www.ieappliance.com

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Ff8.5hbk. This is a great compressor that uses low preasure so it last forever. Into sure if it works with r409 but its rated for both f134, r12, r134a.

#4 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

If it's rated for 134 and 12 then it doesn't come will oil in it. The oil used in 134 is not compatible with 12.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#5 acfixerdude

acfixerdude

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lagunitas IPA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

According to Johnstones,

For low, medium and high temperature applications Charged with POE/ISO22 oil Direct replacement of OEM compressors in commercial refrigeration BtuH capacity ratings are based on the following low temperature conditions: 130°F condensing, 90°F return gas, 90°F ambient and 90°F liquid temperature at the expansion valve

looks like its made for 134a

Could I use this same part for both the refer and the freezer?

Also, if I were to go with R134a how much would I put in; whatever the data tag says or is there a conversion?

#6 KCTBURY

KCTBURY

www.ieappliance.com

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

http://youtu.be/O9LpJ9QyZM8. I put in until about 3lbs stable on psig..... That's a vid oh how I do it. I don't claim to be an expert but I have done a ton of these.

Some compressor for both. This might not be the most efficient compressor but it had a long life.
Also if u have never flushed a line set wear eye goggles it may spray back at you. Be careful.

If it's rated for 134 and 12 then it doesn't come will oil in it. The oil used in 134 is not compatible with 12.

That's correct r134a. Was driving and trying to type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics