Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
acfixerdude

Sub Zero 550 compressor replacements?

6 posts in this topic

Looking for a cheap replacement compressor (for both the refer and freezer) for a Sub Zero 550 w/ R12.

Planning on using an R409 drop in and using comparable compressors that will fit. Any suggestions on what compressors will work?

Sub Zero part numbers:

Freezer compressor - 7014067

Refrigerator compressor - 4201670

Need to get these replacements ordered today, please help!

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I pull the compressors... Flush the lines with rx11 flush kit.... Purge them with nitrogen... Install a r134a compressor... Pressure test the lines with nitrogen..,. Vacuum.... Add r134a. Oh yea and put new drier filters in.... Ill find the pn one second

Ff8.5hbk. This is a great compressor that uses low preasure so it last forever. Into sure if it works with r409 but its rated for both f134, r12, r134a.

If it's rated for 134 and 12 then it doesn't come will oil in it. The oil used in 134 is not compatible with 12.

According to Johnstones,

For low, medium and high temperature applications Charged with POE/ISO22 oil Direct replacement of OEM compressors in commercial refrigeration BtuH capacity ratings are based on the following low temperature conditions: 130°F condensing, 90°F return gas, 90°F ambient and 90°F liquid temperature at the expansion valve

looks like its made for 134a

Could I use this same part for both the refer and the freezer?

Also, if I were to go with R134a how much would I put in; whatever the data tag says or is there a conversion?

http://youtu.be/O9LpJ9QyZM8. I put in until about 3lbs stable on psig..... That's a vid oh how I do it. I don't claim to be an expert but I have done a ton of these.

Some compressor for both. This might not be the most efficient compressor but it had a long life.

Also if u have never flushed a line set wear eye goggles it may spray back at you. Be careful.

If it's rated for 134 and 12 then it doesn't come will oil in it. The oil used in 134 is not compatible with 12.

That's correct r134a. Was driving and trying to type.