Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Ge Monogram ZIS480D frozen suction line warm fresh food comp. help!

Monogram

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 macifre

macifre

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Please help

At home I have a GE Monogram ZIS480D about 7 years old, 3 weeks ago I noticed the compressor running constantly, and tried to lower the temperatures to see if it woudl cylce normaly but it did not, temperature at the time was -18C freezer and +3 Fresh food, about a week ago the fresh food compartment started to rise its temperature about a centigrade a day going up to +9C on the day I decided to take the refrigerator apart.

I started to see if the damper door did its job and it looks like it does, so I suspect that the evaporator is getting forzen, there is no acces to it but I see what looks like a suction line frozen going to the compressor.

As I have another exact unit handy to take parts from (I bought it for parts heavily dented) I exchanged the main board, both thermistors in the fresh food compartment, one thermistor in the freezer section (I missed the one in the evaporator) and both dampers (upper and lower) Im waiting a couple of days to get it started again as I suspect that the evaporator is frozen so there is enough time to thaw any Ice leftover.

I just got my hands on the service manual and I will take a shot at the diagnostics at night, but any input will be welcome if someone knows what may be going on.

There is little more that I can do, I missed to change one thermistor at the evaporator because I did not gain acces to it, (dont know how) and there is the resistance element at the evaporator and fans (condenser and evaporator) that I did not change...

The compressor looks like its working fine but it will be very hard for me to get my hands on one 240V unit.. (I live outside the US) the refrigerator I have for parts does not have the compressor...

Any ideas?

always looking for truckloads of scratch and dent appliances!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Didn't have the complete model number but I'll take a shot.  Assuming the freezer evaporator fan motor is running and no ice buildup at fan shroud, then the evaporator thermistor would need to be checked.  Should be able to check at main control board as well as the defrost components.

#3 macifre

macifre

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Thnks for your reply

I did go through the diagnostics and everything checks out, started it up around 6pm and by 6 am the temperature in both compartments at exact desired setting. Im guessing one of the dampers was bad because  now they are really silent in their operation. 

One thing that is not working is the water dispenser, it did work with the refrigerator turned off but today it wont dispense water. Ice maker working fine, it has about 2 or 3 ice harvests in the bin. Im guessing the water line may have frozen because the refrigerator compartment is empty, hope so.. 

always looking for truckloads of scratch and dent appliances!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Monogram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics