Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung Refrigerator RF26VABWP/XAA

Patricio

A service/repair manual or point me to where it is on file here at appliantology.  I am interested in ice maker repair for this refrigerator also.   A customer is dissatisfied with the 1st company she called for her cooktop & fridge repair.     Not going into specifics I was able to repair the gas cooktop on 1st visit.   Not sure about the Samsung because I have yet to see one till now.

Lady fired old appliance repair company over this refrigerator.   Wants me to repair.   Other technicians took over 3 weeks to come back & put in new ice maker, which did not correct problem, no ice production.   Put old I/M in & said they need to order control board for unit because it is defective.  After another 3 weeks lady has had enough.

Trouble is I don't see Samsung refrigerators,  I am unfamiliar with their systems.  I have looked over the manuals available & don't have the confidence yet to attack.   I have tried to decipher Samurai's 2013 ASTI notes, he writes like I do & I can't read my own writing.

I got a quick look at the Samsung few weeks back when I was repairing a gas cook top that the other company could not diagnose as a weak spark in the striker,   I would like to attack with some advance knowledge so Any help will be devoured  judicially.

Here's the Fast Track Manual for that model. Should be all you need to get started, don't be intimidated by all of the fancy electronics in the Samsungs, just do the proper diagnostic steps like any other refrigerator and you should be fine. I think I've said it before, but I never use the service manuals, I find the Fast Tracks perfect.

Models Covered:
RF26VAB**/XAA
RF26VAC**/XAA
French Door Refrigeration

http://appliantology.org/files/file/697-samsung-refrigerator-fast-track-manuals-bundle-1-of-5/

Does not look like I am going to see this unit after all,   customer called this afternoon & said the owner of the fired repair company talked her into letting him personally repair her fridge, the parts were ordered on the 21st.    What can I say, I am not going to try & change her mind.   Her comments were that this is the last time she will use this company, yada, yada, yada.   I never criticized my competitor but instead explained sometimes parts are hard to obtain in a timely manner, especially Samsung.    I will get a chance to work on one of these soon.   No doubt.    My reputation is spreading. :thumbsup:     Again thanks for the great input.