Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel

Washer

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Have a call for a dead washer.  Never seen a Fisher PayKel in these parts.   The lid switch is locked.   Customer does not know where model number is located. Neither do I.   Tub is full of water & it does nothing.   Some insight in to this machine?     I will visit in morning.   Thank you

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KCTBURY

KCTBURY

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

The bottom half of the machine is a ge. The top, like the controls and what not are fisher and paykel. Good luck!!!!!

May be a drain pump issue. May be a bad computer board or control panel. There is a tech sheet under the control panel. There is a way to reset the machine on the tech sheet.

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Does it open up like a GE?   Or something ya gotta fiqure out.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

The Fisher Paykel washer is not a GE. The Data tag is on the back of the control panel and on the rear about half way down. Always in two location on a F&P. Here's a few service summaries that may help.

GWL10
https://www.dropbox....ice_Summary.pdf

GWL11 & IWL12
https://www.dropbox....ice_Summary.pdf

Aerosmart Service Manual
DE62T27CW1
DG62T27CW1
DE62T27DW1
DG62T27DW1
https://www.dropbox....art_517760C.pdf
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#5 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

It sounds like a bad drain pump, when the drain pump fails it shorts out the main control 50% of the time. The replacement board and pump both come with and inline fuse to wire in on the pump circuit at the board to protect the board from a pump failure.
"Suds are not good"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#6 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

The specific model number of the machine is relevant to service info.  There are electrical and parts differences between the various models --  GWL08 (Phase 4), GWL10 (Phase 5, has a 230v pump), GWL11 & IWL12 & IWL15 (Phase 6) & GWL15 & IWL16 and the other current "Phase 7" units.

Testing of the diverter valve is outlined only in the GWL10 service manual, but is applicable to all EcoSmart models that have the valve.

Lotta techs detest (maybe too strong a word) F&P but their washers are very easy to service, IMO.

As Spannerwrench advises, the model tag is on back of the console, and may be another lower down on rear of the cabinet ... and a dead machine is pretty much a bad controller board, probably zapped by a bad/leaking pump, although other components such as the diverter can also zap the board.

Access to the pump & motor is from beneath the machine, there are no panels to remove.  No tools necessary to pull the pump, it attaches via bayonet mount to a bracket.

The top raises up (two screws under the lid bumpers at the front corners, the lid pulls straight up off the hinges) for access to remove the basket & tub.

#7 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Make sure you get the Product Code off of the Data Tag, this will help to get more accurate information for the model, including the correct parts.

Attached File  image.jpg   35.64KB   0 downloads
"Suds are not good"

#8 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for all the input.  Wish I had checked here this morning before I left. Stopped by customer little bit ago cause I was a block away. Have her scheduled for late Tuesday.  Have the model # WA37T26G.   Will try to get product number on phone from customer.   Again thank you very much for the input.

Edited by Patricio, 23 June 2013 - 12:43 PM.

IgonFishn

#9 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Phase 7 GWL15 Service Manual

https://www.dropbox....her Service.pdf
"Suds are not good"

#10 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

.   Customer does not know where model number is located. Neither do I. 

pictures ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#11 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Model # WA37T26G  Product Code # 96180-A   Will open it up Tuesday evening 6pm.

Question?   Where can parts be obtained,  Repair Clinic, Appliance Parts Pro does not list parts for this Manufacturer.

Edited by Patricio, 24 June 2013 - 12:01 AM.

IgonFishn

#12 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

You can try Sears, although I'd rather get the parts directly from F&P.
http://www.searspart...-model/WA37T26G
96180-A Parts Manual.
https://www.dropbox....6GW_1_FP_US.pdf
"Suds are not good"

#13 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

If you end up ordering from Sear get your 15% discount, (should be good till 7/7/13), use discount code: SPRING15

If for some reason that doesn't work or after the expiration date use code: PARTS anytime to get a 10% discount.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#14 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

There's also FisherPaykelParts.net and FisherPaykelParts.com (which are not part of F&P parent company).  And eBay for what NIB items may be listed at any given time.

#15 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,512 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Citrus Mistress

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Fisher paykel parts.com is a good place. Your customer may not fix it. To put a board and a pump in can be costly. Thats probably your issue.

#16 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

You can try Sears, although I'd rather get the parts directly from F&P.
http://www.searspart...-model/WA37T26G
96180-A Parts Manual.
https://www.dropbox....6GW_1_FP_US.pdf

Thanks Spannerwrench.   Sears did not have anything available.

If you end up ordering from Sear get your 15% discount, (should be good till 7/7/13), use discount code: SPRING15

If for some reason that doesn't work or after the expiration date use code: PARTS anytime to get a 10% discount.

Thanks for the discount Budget Appliance,  like I said, Sears drew a blank.

There's also FisherPaykelParts.net and FisherPaykelParts.com (which are not part of F&P parent company).  And eBay for what NIB items may be listed at any given time.

Fisher paykel parts.com is a good place. Your customer may not fix it. To put a board and a pump in can be costly. Thats probably your issue.

Thanks again my friends,  Parts are expensive.

Here is the kicker.   Had customer drain tub out by using a water hose to siphon.   Unit lit up & began to fill.  Switched to spin & nada nothing.  Laid unit back to wall, cleaned spider webs out of underneath, spun propeller both ways.  Unplugged leads to drain & diverter valve.  plugged back in, got meter out to check voltage.  Turned machine on while leaned back & wa la.  Pump kicked in & drained.   Set back up thru towels in (this is how I get my shop rags washed...While I test machines)  Unit worked without a hitch.

$100 please, total onsite time ... 45 minutes    Thanks everyone for the lesson on Fisher Paykel washer.   Not much to them.

IgonFishn

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Washer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics