Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid KSSS42QJT00 - Weird Low-Side Service Port

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Sealed System charging procedures recommended by Whirlpool, no longer is the Sweep Charg recommended.
https://www.dropbox.... Procedures.pdf
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 cb20777

cb20777

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Very informative document - Thanks!

#23 cb20777

cb20777

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Also, since there is no mention of adding oil as a recommened practice, I'm coming to the conclusion that oil just very very slowly seeps from the compressor into the sealed system over time.

So it seems the bottom line is to get it out of the sealed system when the opportunity arises, and don't worry about the compressor running low on oil or anything.

#24 cb20777

cb20777

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

On my last post I forgot to add the final question, namely "Is this correct?".  I'd appreciate feedback about whether my conclusion is correct (namely that there is no need to add any oil to the sealed system when recharging, and secondly that there is no need to worry about adding oil to the compressor either).

Thanks

#25 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Correct, you normally don't have to add oil to the compressor.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#26 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

... unless it was a line rupture, and the oil "sprayed" out.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#27 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

The return line attaches to  the compressor housing, (  the round metal ball)...........The refrigerant enters the inside of the compressor housing  ...........The inside of the compressor is the low side..............The pump pulls the refrigerant from the low side /in side the housing and pumps it out the high side ............The oil is in the lower part of the  same low side / housing.................... oil is basically sloshing around inside lubricating the pumps moving parts.......Some oil  is sucked into the pumps intake and is pumped thru the system with the refrigerant, another reason to not mix refrigerants is  because the oils are different ( R-12 vs. R134A ) .........On a  system with a high side leak , you start to look for a spot of oil on the tubing or the condenser , as oil is being pumped out with the refrigerant..........................................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics