Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Wacasama

Maytag Neptune Washer (model MAH3000AWW) won't stop filling

6 posts in this topic

I have a Maytag Neptune Washer that has a new problem.  The hot water (only) runs continuously through the whole cycle.  It keeps running to the point where the door leaks. This issue even occurs when I select Cold / Cold as a wash / rinse option.  The water does stop when the whole cycle is complete.   Here is what I have done:

1) Verified the pressure sensing tube is clear (blew it out)

2) Confirmed the pressure switch works (continuity checks and switch opening as described in troubleshooting sheet in washer)

3)  Manually triggered switch while machine is running...only cold water stops. 

Thoughts?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Also check the main control board , front and back, for burned runs or components. 

Grand Master Funk,

The water stops both when the power is off and when the cycle moves to off.  I assume the controller you mentioned is the main control board as mentioned above?  What are the potential fixes?

Flip the main control board over and look for the burnt traces ...................To salvage a board with burnt traces, I followed another tech   trick of removing the burnt traces and adding new wires to replace  the traces......Wired  component to component...........I got pictures around here somewhere..................Check the water valves for correct Ohms values, there is a reason the traces burnt..............