Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag pye2000ayw

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rog

rog

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:51 AM

we have owned our dryer for about 5 years now.  it has worked great and i don't want to have to get a new one.  you know the wife will then want to buy a new washer too for a matching set!  anyway, there is a belt inside that is tearing apart. i can hear it wapping the side of the dryer as it spins. i figure this is a relatively easy fix to just replace a belt.  the problem is, the dryer is installed in a tight spot and i don't have tons of room to work.  the back and sides are one shell.  i figured there would either be a plate in the back to remove to get to the guts, or just remove the front panel.  there is no panel and the front is attached from the inside of the shell.  how the heck to i get to the guts to find out what belt needs replaced?

please help!  my laundry is piling up.

thx.

rog

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Fixum

Fixum

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:22 AM

take a putty knife and about 4 inches in from the edges of the top, insert the knife and release the latch tab on each side, lift up the top, there will be a screw holding the frount on to the case about 2 to 3 inches down on each side remove the screws and tilt the frount out to you lift up and the frount will come off of the case,Be careful not to pull the wires off of the door switch as you turn the frount panel around to the right and budrow you are in it!:banana:
Fix On

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,806 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

And remember to unplug the dryer before starting any disassembly!  :yikes:

#4 rog

rog

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:40 PM

i do appreciate all the help.  the repair only took about a half hour and i didn't have to buy anything!  the blower wheel clamp must have loosened or something.  the sound was the blower wheel spinning at a different speed while running and continuing to spin after the shaft had stopped. i just tightened the blower clamp where there was no slip and then there was no sound!  again i do appreciate the help...and to think i almost had to buy a new set to satisfy the wife.

rog

:rocker:

#5 Fixum

Fixum

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:04 PM

not done yet need a blower wheel it is rounded out in the center of the wheel :?
Fix On

#6 rog

rog

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 05:55 AM

that makes sense.  i was looking at it and wondering why it wouldn't just have a squared side like the motor shaft.  well, it works for now (and i know how to get in!)  when it makes the sound again, i will buy a new blower wheel from the parts partner.:cheers:

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:02 AM

I would not wait, when the blower wheel goes, there you are with no air flow, so imagine what is happening with your heating element, which is staying on.  I see fire trucks heading to your address in the near future!!   :burning: Pegi
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics