Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Amana Refig Cooling Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mevans

mevans

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hi... Have a 10yo Amana side by side that has a low pressure access port (soldered) installed from about (3) years ago.  Added refrigerant back then as evap was only frosting about 1/2 way down.  Been colling ever since, although probabaly not as efficiently as should be.  Started acting up the other day and I though it was time to add a touch more... got the frost line to 'just outside the box' over several hours of adding a touch (I know, very specific amount) and letting the system stabilize and coming back and looking at evap (evap cover was on, except when I was looking or course :wink:). 

Low side was in the 4 to 6 psi range and frost line looked good and stable, then the defrost timer caught me and cycled... when it restarted, the frost line ran all the way back to compressor and didn't retreat even after several hours of running.  Before the timer caught me, the temp was slowly dropping and was in the 6 to 8F range, eventhough I was opening door to check evap about every 20 mins.

Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks,

Matt

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

Model numba, prease

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

Frost at the return line at the compressor = over charge...........if you have been connecting your manifold to the low side and not running a vacuum , you have been drawing contaminants into the system.......Do a complete recharge...........Pull vacuum,  weight in refrigerant,  good to go...................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics