Sorry if this has been covered already but I couldn't find anything as specific as I would have liked to so figured I'd start a topic of my own.
Anyway, I have a "Frigidaire" refrigerator in my camper, Model #: FRT05LG3DB2 (or just FRT05LG3DB).
The day before yesterday it was working as normal. Yesterday I opened the fridge and it was a little warm but the light came on and I just thought it may not have started it's compressor cycle yet so I didn't think much of it at the time. Later that night I opened the fridge again and it was very warm inside. I then opened the freezer and it was very warm as well, and the fan in the back was not running. In fact, most my food was beginning to defrost. It is now the day after and it still hasn't started to cool. It has power coming to it, as the light comes on and the outlet is fine, it just sits idle and does not "start up" and cool anything or turn the fan. It just happened "all of a sudden" and I was not prepared for this. So,...
1) Checked my circuit breaker and fuses. Everything looked fine but I popped the breakers off and on anyway with no results. The fuses are solid and clean so that's not it -- especially since everything else in my camper is working fine.
2) Made sure my camper was level, which it is.
3) Unplugged it and let it set for a few hours and plugged it back in. Same result: lights come on inside but no fan or compressor starting up.
4) Plugged it into a different power source (bath house at campground) and it still will not start cooling even after hours.
1) Since I am currently running off an extension cord with an adapter, I figured my power voltage may vary slightly. I am getting a permanent and properly rated outlet for my camper installed sometime next week or two if it ever stops raining. I later read in a short pamplette about my refrigerator that it is not recommended to use an extension cord as it may vary up to 10% and damage the compressor. I HOPE this is not what has happened.
2) Perhaps it's just the start relay? Aren't there 2 of them -- a start relay and an overload relay? How can I find which is which and check them? I do not have meters or electrical equipment so was hoping for an upfront approach at how to tell if they're good or not.
Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I am having trouble finding specific parts for my refrigerator online... there seem to be a hundred different starting and overlay relays for "Frigidaire" refrigerators. Compressors are even more difficult to find and will probably need a certified technician to replace it if that is indeed the problem... So, I am hoping it will be a relay or something and I can just order it online (somewhere -- for my model if I can ever find it) and do it myself as I do not have a lot of money to spend on this at the moment but need to fix it soon so I don't blow money on bags of ice and a cooler for weeks on end when I could have changed the part out.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to using the forums more.