Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
potofgold23

Is compressor ruined? newbie question

8 posts in this topic

While unpacking a new unit, I accidentally pulled out one of the rubber seals on the side. I immediately put it back in but is it ruined?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... accidentally pulled out one of the rubber seals on the side.

model number ?

Compressor pictures ?

Electrolux 5304415144

i will try and get a picture

the rubber seals on a new replacement Compressor ?

Compressor should be OK, but would need the normal nitrogen / "evacuation"

which is done when a Compressor is replaced

Ok thank you so much for your speedy response!

Compressors are shipped with a vacuum in the them......If you get a new compressor that does not have  a sucking sound when you pull the plug (s), you are to reorder the compressor............I have pulled the plugs and it took a day to get to the install, all you do is reinstall the plugs ..........Install the compressor  and do the normal evacuation and charge.............You cannot let a compressor set/sit  open to the atmosphere, the oils inside like to suck up moisture, ( antropic could be the word).....

Tecumseh actually recommends that you drain the oil and replace it because of the amount of moisture that it can absorb.  I would just dry the system with nitrogen myself and charge it.  The filter/dryer should take care of any residual moisture. 

Thank you for all the helpful responses!