Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

SHE4AM15UC Dishwasher won't fill

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wannaberepair

wannaberepair

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

I have a bosch dishwasher that won't fill unless I open and close the door.  It will fill and run the way it is supposed to after the door is opened and closed 1 minutes into the cycle.  I have already replaced the control board, control module, and water inlet valve.  None of these things have fixed the problem.  It looked like someone else had a similar problem and posted to the forum last year on this topic.  Did we ever hear how he fixed it.  It looked like he had changed the handle and other things but that didn't work for him.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

Had a similar problem with this model.  Bosch advised to replace the door latch.  Didn't work.  Unit eventually was exchanged before I could nail it down.  I do see a bulletin was issued concerning latch problems due to a weakened tub.  Came out with a stiffener kit P/N 611955 but I haven't had any experience with it.  Also make sure unit is level to ensure proper latch activation.

#3 wannaberepair

wannaberepair

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Thanks

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

Had one like this that kicked my ass. BOSCH had me changing all above said parts and the latch, until I got ahold of one tech that said this unit senses the pump speed and will not run if the rpm is too low> Found object in wash pump (after replacing pump).

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,692 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

Had one like this that kicked my ass. BOSCH had me changing all above said parts and the latch, until I got ahold of one tech that said this unit senses the pump speed and will not run if the rpm is too low> Found object in wash pump (after replacing pump).

This is GOLD!  Domo, Brother Chat!  

#6 wannaberepair

wannaberepair

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

I will try looking at the pump.  I will let you know how it goes.

#7 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Just had another where it was the pump, and not the optical sensor that the tech line said to replace... Calcium build-up in this pump.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics