Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

lab76us

LG AC turns on and off constantly

6 posts in this topic

Dear Sensei

I have an LG LWHD1209R that is close to 6+ years old. Plugged it in this summer ran fine for a few days then it started turning on and off intermittenly. More off than on.

I unplugged it for quite awhile to let the capicators discharge then plugged it in and it continues to turn on for awhile then  turns off and this goes on like a cycle.

When I say turn on and off the lights on the panel shut off and the lights turn back on when on. At times this can be just for a few seconds.

Do you have any suggestions oh great Sensei?

Jay Burke

Your loyal student

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Dear Sensei

I have an LG LWHD1209R that is close to 6+ years old. Plugged it in this summer ran fine for a few days then it started turning on and off intermittenly. More off than on.

I unplugged it for quite awhile to let the capicators discharge then plugged it in and it continues to turn on for awhile then  turns off and this goes on like a cycle.

When I say turn on and off the lights on the panel shut off and the lights turn back on when on. At times this can be just for a few seconds.

Jay Burke

Your loyal student

May be a faulty on/off switch. But first, verify 120VAC at the wall outlet; then at the on/off switch.

Intermittent electrical faults can be anywhere from difficult to impossible to diagnose.

post a video ?

Also check for rf interference... Will the same behavior occur in a different room, different side of the house and away from all remote controls (especially the one supplied with the unit) and also any phones purchased since last time you used the ac?