Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
verdiemitchell

Maytag Centennial mvwc7esww0 agitates without water

6 posts in this topic

Maytag Centennial Washer MVWC7ESWWP Agitates Without Water

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Open the control panel and on the load sense switch, unplug the pressure hose and the two wiring harness connectors and plug them back in again. Blow into the pressure hose first to make sure it is not clogged. If this does not fix the problem, replace the switch. It is a high failure item on this washer.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-switch/W10248240/1549115

Eric

Fairbank is right on! Just changed one of these yesterday. Same problem.

It is a high failure item on this washer.

Is there anything on these washers that aren't?  :whistling:

I don't know of any other part on this Whirlpool direct drive washer that has a failure rate anywhere near the rate of the load sense switch. There was a lawsuit against them because of these switch failures. Many people had to have it replaced multiple times. I don't know what ever happened with that, but if you complain to Whirlpool, you may get lucky and get some kind of compensation.

Eric

Oops! I read the model# completely wrong! Here I though it was the newer belt drive toploader. My bad