Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icemanusa

Whirlpool EL88TRRWS

6 posts in this topic

This is my second Whirlpool Sidekick (EL88TRRWS).  First one was purchased in 2003.  It lasted 8 years.  Repair man said it had a pin hole in the coolant line and it was all self concealed and could not be repaired.  My cabinets are built around the frig so I am stuck with size restraints.  The one purchased in December 2011 has started forming frost on the inside down low.  I have adjusted the temp to see if that will help.  It is still forming frost but not as much.  Any ideas?  Sure don't want to put $1,500 in a new unit after 1 1/2 years!!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... EL88TRRWS

looks like parts are available ..

are there any digits after the model number ?

EL88TRRWS00

EL88TRRWS01

EL88TRRWS02

EL88TRRWS03

what Fridge dimensions are you looking for ?

I will have to check.  What is the significance of the digits after the S?  The dimensions pretty much have to be the same... Maybe give a inch on the height but no wiggle room on the width. 

...What is the significance of the digits after the S? 

...The dimensions pretty much have to be the same...

1) different model number revision, different parts list

2) I don't have the dimensions for your model

different model number, different dimension guide

(I don't know what, if any, is different)

Thanks for your help... It is the 01 model.  I turned it off yesterday for about 3 1/2 hours for it to defrost.  Set it back to 4 and giving it 24 hrs to see how it is going to respond.  It doesn't seem to have any problems holding the temperature (I have a thermometer in it) but last night it had some frost in the back.  Had a lot of water in the catch pan.  I will update after the 24 hrs.  Thanks!!

If frost reoccurs on the lower rear panel you may have a defrost problem, most likely a shorted heater.  Locate the defrost timer and, using a flat head screwdriver, manually advance the timer clockwise until the compressor and evaporator fan shut off.  If after a couple of minutes you don't hear any sounds from the evaporator like sizzling or popping, you'll need to remove the rear evaporator cover and check the heater at the base of the evaporator.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0