Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

freespool

Kenmore#417.44152400 code13

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just returned home from vacation to find washer won't start, lights up , door locks , start light flashes but machine seems to time out. I also would add that I recently replaced main control board drain pump and door switch, because of issue with no spin cycle. this was 2 weeks ago and have used the machine at least a dozen times since repair.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

are you sure it's 13 ?

Water leak in tub or air leak in air bell

1. Is the washer leaking water?

Yes. Correct water leak.
No. Go to step (2)

2. Is there an air leak in the air bell system?

Yes. Correct the air leak problem.
No. Go to step (3-4)

3. Good models, check the pressure switch.

Defective. Replace the pressure switch.
Good. Go to step (5)

4. Better models, replace the pressure sensor.

If this did not correct the problem, go to step 5.

5. Replace the control board.

no water leak. not sure what air bell system is? or how to test pressure switch. can you help please.

yes, definitely a 13

Check the air chamber on the right side, funny looking gizmo  with a tube running up to the pressure switch............Look for a worn spot on the pressure hose or a chewed area on the pressure hose ( rodent )..........You can test the pressure switch by removing the hose from the pressure switch and attaching another hose ...at the start of a  cycle  while it is filling,  blow gently into the hose you just installed onto the pressure switch..........What happens????........

I did inspect the parts and hose to pressure switch. everything looked good. I then tried blowing into switch after starting machine . I could hear switch make contact but still no water and machine faults out.

Is the water 'ON' ???

yes, checked water pressure and inlet screens. Also checked inlet coils continuity. still no luck.