Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 11047512602 not tumbling or spinning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 acfixerdude

acfixerdude

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lagunitas IPA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

Came out on customer complaint of no wash/tumbling after I helped him with his long drain error code over the phone (button trap was clogged solid). Put into diagnostic mode to the 30 second reversing tumble at wash speed test and the motor would turn a couple times and then do nothing, switch to the next cycle (spin) and would do the same thing after drain out.

I've never seen anything like this that a new motor control board didn't fix so that's what I tried... didn't fix the problem.

Ohmed out the motor and was within specs according to the tech sheet, but it didn't say anything about the tachometer on the back side of the motor shaft. Not sure exactly how it works, but put my meter on it and spun the basket. Read about 50 ohms with no change while the motor was shaft was spinning. Bad tachometer on the motor? 

Any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Any stored  fault codes????.....check the wires for the motor .....From the motor thru the connections to the speed control board............Seen  out-of -balance  condition that pulled on wire harnesses and that pulled the wires out of the terminals...........Another tech  has seen the wires broke but the outer plastic stayed connected, that will make you pull out your hair.... :silly: ....I think he found it, one wire at a time with a meter  ( I would use continuity setting  )  and wiggling the wires.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics