Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
unamaste

Whirlpool hot yoders....considering hari-kari

8 posts in this topic

whirlpool s/s GC3PHEXNSO2 with hot yoder loop....condensor fan is new but runs intermittently, so, new control board and yep, still gets hot and runs intermittently. If I umplug the fridge, condensor fan runs fine for about an hour. After that, fridge gets hot on frame but condensor fan still runs once and a while....going to clean the coils a little more but really don't know what else I can do besides, um.....take my chances with a repairguy.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Which control board did you replace?  There are several on this unit.  The one you need, the main control board, is NLA.  I've danced with this beast before and did a work-around to make the condenser fan run:

replaced main board where controls are, top of fridge side. Board is from Sears 2307028....very same board. Fridge works fine other than hot loops.

I don't see any board in the lower back left of the fridge.

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man

wow...i'm thinkin i replaced the wrong board.

replaced main board where controls are, top of fridge side. Board is from Sears 2307028....very same board. 

That's a rebuilt board, the same as this one:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10219463/1548001?modelNumber=GC3PHEXNS02

Main-Control-Board-W10219463-01114627.jp

It does not go in the control compartment.  It goes in the compressor compartment in back.  

The board that goes in the control compartment is this one:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Display-Board/2307037/1058825?modelNumber=GC3PHEXNS02

Display-Board-2307037-00676737.jpg

Not sure what you think you did, but I don't see how you installed the main control board, which is what you said you purchased, into the control compartment!  The harnesses are all different!  And it wouldn't work anyway.  Check your notes-- you got confused.  

And watch my video again.  I showed you the solution.  

yes, I mispoketyped...I replaced the board in the control compartment. Ok, will look for main board and try your video fix. Funny thing is that was the first video I watched on here but never went back once I started my rampage. Thanks! I will likely stick to fixin dryers after this effort.

I don,t know why they would stop making that board on a very expensive refrigerator?Makes know sense to me.

i know, total BS really. This was a pricey one, had to buy cabinet depth etc. Plus we purposely went with Whirlpool since it was supposedly better but the reality is I guess, mostly the same parts inside them all? Back before EnergyStar, they all built some fridges that lasted 10-20 years but now, not so much.