Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool hot yoders....considering hari-kari

control board condenser fan

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 unamaste

unamaste

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:pisgah stout

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

whirlpool s/s GC3PHEXNSO2 with hot yoder loop....condensor fan is new but runs intermittently, so, new control board and yep, still gets hot and runs intermittently. If I umplug the fridge, condensor fan runs fine for about an hour. After that, fridge gets hot on frame but condensor fan still runs once and a while....going to clean the coils a little more but really don't know what else I can do besides, um.....take my chances with a repairguy.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,636 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Which control board did you replace?  There are several on this unit.  The one you need, the main control board, is NLA.  I've danced with this beast before and did a work-around to make the condenser fan run:

#3 unamaste

unamaste

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

replaced main board where controls are, top of fridge side. Board is from Sears 2307028....very same board. Fridge works fine other than hot loops.

I don't see any board in the lower back left of the fridge.

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 27 June 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#4 unamaste

unamaste

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

wow...i'm thinkin i replaced the wrong board.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,636 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

replaced main board where controls are, top of fridge side. Board is from Sears 2307028....very same board. 

That's a rebuilt board, the same as this one:  http://www.repaircli...ber=GC3PHEXNS02

Main-Control-Board-W10219463-01114627.jp

It does not go in the control compartment.  It goes in the compressor compartment in back.  

The board that goes in the control compartment is this one:  http://www.repaircli...ber=GC3PHEXNS02

Display-Board-2307037-00676737.jpg

Not sure what you think you did, but I don't see how you installed the main control board, which is what you said you purchased, into the control compartment!  The harnesses are all different!  And it wouldn't work anyway.  Check your notes-- you got confused.  

And watch my video again.  I showed you the solution.  

#6 unamaste

unamaste

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

yes, I mispoketyped...I replaced the board in the control compartment. Ok, will look for main board and try your video fix. Funny thing is that was the first video I watched on here but never went back once I started my rampage. Thanks! I will likely stick to fixin dryers after this effort.

#7 bigbuck

bigbuck

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Red Wine

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

I don,t know why they would stop making that board on a very expensive refrigerator?Makes know sense to me.

#8 unamaste

unamaste

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

i know, total BS really. This was a pricey one, had to buy cabinet depth etc. Plus we purposely went with Whirlpool since it was supposedly better but the reality is I guess, mostly the same parts inside them all? Back before EnergyStar, they all built some fridges that lasted 10-20 years but now, not so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics