Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
MaryW13

From one extreme to another

31 posts in this topic

ok i will do that. I just want to say thank you all so much for your help.  Its nice to be able to interact with problem solving.  I know this must be difficult when you can't see the appliance in person.  This is an awesome website.  I"ll take a very accurate picture of the frost pattern tomorrow.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The evaporator fan should cycle off when the compressor and condenser fan motor cycle off. If not the evaporator fan will continue to circulate air into the fresh food section, the freezer section would therefore warm up, but the thermostat would not cycle the cooling back on because the thermostat is satisfied until the freezer runs out of cold air. It's plug n play SOS I don't know how it could be wired wrong, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Also what was the part number of the fan motor used in the first repair?

I'm not sure because the service guy bought it.  

The correct fan motor part Number is W10188389.I don't see how he could wire it wrong.I could see him putting in any fan motor that he had to get it to run.Most people would not stock that fan motor and would have to come back another day.Did he have to come back or did he have the fan motor on his truck?

Sounds like the fan motor installed is moving air in reverse direction. check air flow direction in manual and compare.

I've seen maintenance guys put in whatever fan or fan blade they have resulting in air pouring into fridge through the return ports. Amazingly, the cold control did not regulate it. I posted a few months back a scenario where I was called out to fix a fridge for being too cold... top mount fridge.. no thermistors.. easy fix, or so I thought.

Maintenance had put in a fan weeks before they called me but failed to tell me. No damper motor so only thing I though it could be was cold control. Never asked or thought about incorrect parts being installed. I changed out cold control but got a call back two weeks later. That's when I noticed forceful air entering fridge through return ports.

Checked air direction and came here to ask what the correct airflow should be. Sensei Reg provided the manual and I found the fan was reversing the air. Landlord admitted he had someone else working on it. Put correct fan in and all is well. I still don't understand why the cold control did not turn the fan off when the temps were in the 20's. Hope this helps.

The correct fan motor will turn the correct fan blade counter clock wise.