Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool duet sport-cycle won't start/door won't unlock

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ellen121083

ellen121083

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

I found a thread from 2011 that perfectly describes my problem http://appliantology...sw01-wont-work/

"i have a whirlpool duet sport washer that just wont work!

i power it on, powers on fine. i choose the cycle i want, press "start" and the door locks. normal... but then it stays locked and the "door locked" light stays red... 

when i press "cancel", the lights flash like normal but the door stays locked and i have to manually unlock it all the time. and on top of that, it wont turn off at that point. no matter how many times i press the "power" button, it just stays the same and nothing works until i unplug it from the wall and plug it back in... and it goes on and on and on...

i replaced the door lock actuator, thinking that was it, but that didnt fix it... "

I have a different model # than that post, but exactly the same issue. 
mine is model # WFW8300SW03

It suspect the motor control unit but want to clarify before I order a $200 part. 
-when I do the MCU test by unplugging little blue wire to back of MCU, the same thing happens. It might make a little click when I hit start that it didn't before but nothing else changes. It still won't turn off or cancel or unlock the door (I have to unplug it and manually unlock door). The 1st reply to the posting seems to indicate that it still not canceling could mean something besides the MCU? Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Before replace anything I would run a diagnostic test.
Select any button except the pause cancel buttons and perform the following key dance.

Press/hold
4 seconds
Release for
4 seconds
Press/hold
4 seconds
Release for
4 seconds
Press/hold
4 seconds
After all of the lights in the display turn on if there is any stored fault codes they will be displayed.
Let us know the results.

"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again is insane"

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#3 ellen121083

ellen121083

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

I tried that already. The only stored code was F- which I couldn't find listed as an actual code. I've never seen a code displayed at any point with this issue. When the diagnostic test runs it is stuck on the first part-rinse/spin-light continuously blinks, it won't skip to next part of test, it won't power off, the door won't unlock (has to be manually unlocked). I have to unplug to get it to stop. 

#4 ellen121083

ellen121083

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

I replaced the door control box/latch already with no luck (partially because I broke the lock trying to get it open when it happen initially, before I found the manual unlock)  :rolleyes:

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

model number may be helpful

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 ellen121083

ellen121083

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

model # WFW8300SW03. 

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,927 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

The CCU is bad. As a general rule, any board that won't run the diagnostic routine is bad by definition.

Replacement CCU: http://www.repaircli...ber=WFW8300SW03

Comes with a one-year return policy. If it doesn't fix the problem, return it for a refund.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics