Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag PSD2450GRQ

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Toneloc

Toneloc

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Unearthly (Souther Tier)

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hello:

Looking for a cheap garage (beer) fridge, I took this freebie with hopes to troubleshoot a warm freezer, warm fridge problem.

It was my parents Fridge and they reported the fridge and freezer getting warm.

After relocating to my garage after about 2 weeks of being powered down, I plugged this in last night.

After about 1 hr I was optimistic, the freezer was very cold and frost was developing on all the coils behind the access plate in the freezer.

No cold air was making it over to the fridge however.

After taking apart the control housing, I determined the control rod was not retracting to allow the damper door to open letting cool air to flow from the freezer.

I let the fridge to run with the control housing connected but dangling from a piece of wire so the cool air could flow to the fridge.

I wanted to see if the freezer would freeze a bottle of water

After another 10-15 minutes, the freezer began warming up and condensation forming on the bottle of water.

I left it run for another 30 mins, and it continued to blow warm air into the freezer/fridge.

The compressor got to be very warm, and was not running....

I stumbled on this youtube on checking the start relay for the compressor (and hence this forum)

Sure enough my solid state relay rattled just like the video.

One question though...could this issue cause the cold air damper not to open?

Or would you suspect another issue that caused the relay to fail and the damper not to open?

Thanks ahead for any help, apreciatte any feedback.

Tony

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,956 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

Great video! :)

These are two separate problems. The most pressing one is getting the compressor running again.

Here's the relay/overload for your compressor: http://www.repaircli...mber=PSD2450GRQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics