Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Patricio

Charge to rehang microwave

7 posts in this topic

How much would one quote a job to rehang a M/W above a stove.   Property management company called me to diagnose a refrigerator, range & microwave that was recovered from an eviction theft.   I charged a single diagnostic charge for all three & prepared a quote for repairs on the range Burner not working & door trim needs replacing & a rehang of the M/W. 

Realtor just wants the M/W oven (it works) rehung.   Requires a 2nd trip to the residence.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is the bracket still in place?

$80 Service Call Includes the first 15 mins

each additional 15 mins add $20

Retail cost of parts (not your cost) <--(our supplier suggest retail price, we usually round up to the nearest dollar or more depending on the risk of return for warrenty on said part.

Add $10 for each additional appliance.

Need a 2nt person? Min 1/2 hr., $40... 

$85 plus parts.

If you have to go there to make sure it has all the parts and then go get them $125.

I'd probably tell her how much cheaper she'd be able to get it done by handyman. They probably have them.

Total bill for 3 trips, 4 appliances & one  rehang is $175.    They think it is way to high,  I think it should be higher.   See if I collect.   Property management has always complained about my 10% off Blue Book price & is always slow to pay.  Keep you updated.

You are being screwed and not charging enough. I would dump those scabs unless you are desperate for work.  Some Property management companies think they should pay handyman wages for appliance repair.

I charge by the book & 10% off.   I give them a good price once in a while.  Always get paid, just not timely.    It is good for my reputation to service & put up with the annoying remarks.    As always I respond by giving a copy of the price book page I quote the price from.    With the rehang I did not have a direct quote, just gave them a copy of the microwave price page so she could do a price comparison.   Just mentioning they complain all the time.    One of these times I going to ask how much they charge to manage a property.   :rolleyes: