Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Charge to rehang microwave

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

How much would one quote a job to rehang a M/W above a stove.   Property management company called me to diagnose a refrigerator, range & microwave that was recovered from an eviction theft.   I charged a single diagnostic charge for all three & prepared a quote for repairs on the range Burner not working & door trim needs replacing & a rehang of the M/W. 

Realtor just wants the M/W oven (it works) rehung.   Requires a 2nd trip to the residence.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Is the bracket still in place?

#3 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

$80 Service Call Includes the first 15 mins

each additional 15 mins add $20

Retail cost of parts (not your cost) <--(our supplier suggest retail price, we usually round up to the nearest dollar or more depending on the risk of return for warrenty on said part.

Add $10 for each additional appliance.

Need a 2nt person? Min 1/2 hr., $40... 

#4 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

$85 plus parts.

If you have to go there to make sure it has all the parts and then go get them $125.

I'd probably tell her how much cheaper she'd be able to get it done by handyman. They probably have them.

Test

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

Total bill for 3 trips, 4 appliances & one  rehang is $175.    They think it is way to high,  I think it should be higher.   See if I collect.   Property management has always complained about my 10% off Blue Book price & is always slow to pay.  Keep you updated.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#6 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

You are being screwed and not charging enough. I would dump those scabs unless you are desperate for work.  Some Property management companies think they should pay handyman wages for appliance repair.

#7 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

I charge by the book & 10% off.   I give them a good price once in a while.  Always get paid, just not timely.    It is good for my reputation to service & put up with the annoying remarks.    As always I respond by giving a copy of the price book page I quote the price from.    With the rehang I did not have a direct quote, just gave them a copy of the microwave price page so she could do a price comparison.   Just mentioning they complain all the time.    One of these times I going to ask how much they charge to manage a property.   :rolleyes:

IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics