Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Elite Refridgerator

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pearlcorvette

pearlcorvette

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud light

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

I have a Kenmore Elite Refigerator that is not cooling properly. The problem is the evaporator fan will not come on. I replaced the PCB board and still doesn't come on except in test mode. What else could it be? The model number is 795.77562600.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,978 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

We need a bit more info.... compressor running? How is the evap frost pattern? Did you test/replace temp sensors?

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 pearlcorvette

pearlcorvette

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

The compressor is running. I did not replace any sensors. Only main board. I just plugged it in to check frost pattern and after about 10 minutes the top half is frosty white. When plugged it in this time the main fan came on but not the fan that goes to ice maker. It wasn't working before except in test mode. Both fans would come on in test mode.

#4 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

. When plugged it in this time the main fan came on but not the fan that goes to ice maker. It wasn't working before except in test mode. Both fans would come on in test mode.

The icemaker fan motor may not work till the freezer gets cold.

Test

#5 pearlcorvette

pearlcorvette

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

The fan stayed on until the freezer got to 18 degrees and fridge around 60 degrees and then it shut off and temperature in both compartments started rising.

#6 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

I just plugged it in to check frost pattern and after about 10 minutes the top half is frosty white

Was only the top half  of the evap coils frosted over after 20 mins or more of running?

#7 pearlcorvette

pearlcorvette

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Yes. It was covered with a thin layer of frost on the upper half. Lower half was just cold. This is with the door open.

#8 JJ Surfer

JJ Surfer

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada pale ale

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

All door switches check ok?

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,636 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

The compressor is running... I just plugged it in to check frost pattern and after about 10 minutes the top half is frosty white.

The fan stayed on until the freezer got to 18 degrees and fridge around 60 degrees and then it shut off and temperature in both compartments started rising.

Sounds like a sealed system problem to me, either a gas leak or a weak compressor.

#10 pearlcorvette

pearlcorvette

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

The fridge is in my garage and it ran last night and was at operating temperature this morning. I guess maybe because it was cooler. I'm not sure why the evaporator fan works off and on. I guess it's just not worth fixing. Thank you for you help. Door switches seem to be fine.

#11 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,978 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

I am still curious as to when the spike in temp occurred, whether the compressor was still running at that time. This wasn't made clear, or at least not to my limited ability to understand. For if the compressor stopped, then something other than a sealed system failure could be the problem.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#12 pearlcorvette

pearlcorvette

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

After I replaced the main board I plugged it in and the evaporator fan was working. It ran until it got pretty cold and the fan stopped blowing but the compressor still ran. This is when the temperature started to climb. It was very warm that day and the fridge is in my garage. The fan never came back on. I unplugged it and plugged back in the next day and it did the same thing. I plugged in the next day and it has been working now for about a day and a half. The weather is cooler. I wonder of on hot days it can't get cold and shuts down. Not sure if that's a possibility. I'm just letting it run now and observe the temperature. The warmest setting on freezer is 8 degrees and it has been running from 8 to 14 degrees the last day and a half.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics