Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
rustygammill

Kenmore Refridgerator Model 253.53622300 Start Device replacement

6 posts in this topic

The start device/relay I can take off the compressor but the problem is it has a blue and red wire attached.  I don't see where to disconnect.  Do I cut and get new wire and reconnect on replacement or am I missing something?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The picture of the start device from repair clinic shows it comes with a plug with two wires that you can splice onto- easy peasy.

For some reason I am having trouble copying and pasting links onto my replies. If you look up your part on repair clinic, the picture should tell you .

I see the repair clinics picture, but what is the connector for on the wire.  Why isnt the wire already connected to the start device.  So do I cut cables on the start device I have know?  I am a newbie as far as refrigerator repair.  Any help greatly appreciated!!

Yes, cut the wires on the old start device, splice in the new wires with the plug on it, plug it into the new start device and attach to the compressor.

Thank you so much!