Would anybody happen to have the service manual for this unit?
And can someone explain the theory of operation of this unit with the two compressors and one condensor? Only the evaporator that is in the freezer needs a defrost heating system? If the same condensor is used for both compressors, is it just shared cooling fins and each is its own sealed system?
The complaint was warm FF section. I am unclear as to which compressor runs which compartment. The Freezer was below zero and the larger compressor on the left was running and very hot to the touch. The smaller compressor on the right was running and only warm to the touch. All fans including condenser fan are runnig fine. I ran some test as follows:
1. Unplugged compressor relay and overload and plugged in my fancy tester from Freds Appliance Acadamy and got the compressor to run along just fine.
2. I put a meter on the overload and it came up with 1.3 ohms, which I understand is acceptable?
3. I put the meter on the relay and in one position got 1.0 ohms and then when I turned the relay over got 'open', which means the relay is good/bad?
4. I metered between studs on the compressor and got 33 ohms between the Common and Start (which seems high?) 10.5 ohms between Common and Run (which seems normal?) and 42 ohms between Start and Run (which seems high?)
5. I checked for 120vac at the wires going into the relay and that was good clean voltage.
My question is this, are any of these test valuable for figuring out why the compressor won't run, and am I looking at the correct compressor for the FF section?
One final comment: Did you hear about the baby seal that walked into a club?