Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

FRIGIDAIRE FROM HE DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS

DISPENSER AND IM

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:rootbeer

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Dear Samurais,

I have an Frigidaire model # FFHS2622MS3.The dispenser panel is intermittent.I pulled the cover off and if you move it around it lights up and then doesnt.Iam refering to the selector light.Anyway,the ice maker cycles but doesnt fill with water,and the dispenser works some times and then it doesnt.It goes with the bad connection.I have replaced the triple valve assy with new diode kit and also the display control board only to discover this bad connection.Has anyone else run into this scenario..Iam thinking the connectors that go to the display board are the culprit.Please help me!

Thank you,

SAMANERA

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 MicaBay

MicaBay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

How's the voltage at the wall outlet?

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

Iam thinking the connectors that go to the display board are the culprit.

This would explain the blinking lights but not the ice maker failing to fill. Have you checked the ice maker fill tube to make sure it's clear and doesn't have an ice plug?

#4 JJ Surfer

JJ Surfer

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada pale ale

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

Does this unit have a main control in the back rear left? If so I've had bad connections in the wire harness in that area

#5 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:rootbeer

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for the replies,

Iam goin to go back next week and try again.I will check to see if there is an ice plug in the fill tube.I forgot to mention that the water pressure to the unit is weak and the customer is suppose to have aplumber come out to fix that.I am goin to try to find the bad connection .The reason this job seems to be difficult is that Iam dealing with a difficult customer as well.Is it me or does it always seem to be that way.Its like the appliance Gods dont like them either

SAMANERA

#6 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,732 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

I don't have difficult customers 'cause as soon as one turns out to be difficult he is no longer a customer. It' s hard enough working on some of these appliances and I'm too old for bull crap.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#7 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

Which control did you replace?  Intermittent dispenser problems could be caused by the dispenser control board P/N 242053503.  Check connections at that board and the wire harness at the top hinge.  Most problems I've had with this model have been broken water dispenser actuators and dispenser controls.  With the low water pressure the fill tube behind the icemaker could be blocked as Samurai advised.  I've seen a few issues with new digital main controls as well.  Usually not cooling or flashing displays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics