Hello, all. I am trying to diagnose and take-on a repair on my Maytag MTW5740TQ0. The symptoms are as follows:
- Ran a normal load and found the load complete. Water had drained out, but load items still water-logged.
- Removed load, selected Spin cycle, closed lid, and could hear/feel spinning action in the unit.
- Opened lid and observed inner-basket spinning to a stop, yet at a much slower speed than normal (explaining why load not spinning out water completely).
- As basket comes to a stop, a loud squeeling sound is emitted until basket stops.
- Turning the basket by hand clockwise or counter-clockwise also emits the squeeling sound as it spins.
- As I am turning the basket by hand, I can hear/feel what seems to be a little scratching friction below the basket, though I cannot determine what is causing that nor is it consistent in it's point of spin.
- Ran a test load and determined that the agitator is operating correctly throughout the cycle and all seems well up until the spin cycle.
- After the test load (light load), and a few more empty spin tests, it appears the basket has stopped spinning completely and now only the agitator is spinning during the spin cycle, though still getting that squeeling noise as spin comes to a stop.
Any ideas on what the culprit may be? Lid switch seems to be okay and at first glance, don't see a torn-up coupler. Gearcase?