Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore FL washer 110.4646250 will not fil

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bodybysmith

bodybysmith

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

We recently reset up our Kenmore FL washer 110.4646250 and it will not fill with water.  We did get 3 washes out of the unit, then it stopped filling on the 4th.  When the water would normally come it you just hear a low humming noise. Any suggestions?  We have had trouble with this washer from the day I purchased it and we have a service warranty but the people  can not get here for 2 weeks to look at, then they will diagnosis and it would be about another 2 weeks before someone can come back with parts and fix it.

thanks for your help

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

Have you verified that you have good water pressure right up to the connections on the back of the washer?  A good test is to turn off the water supply valves, unscrew the hoses from the back of the washer, place them into a sink or bucket and turn the water supply valve back on.  

If you're using Floodsafe hoses, get rid of them-- they are a common nuisance for stopping water supply to the washer when there is no actual flood.  

#3 bodybysmith

bodybysmith

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

thanks!  the water pressure is great.  Not sure about the hoses. They are brand new, I don't believe they are FLOODSAFE, but will check.  How would I know? (they are the silver colored ones)

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

Floodsafe-hose.jpg

#5 bodybysmith

bodybysmith

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

wow!  we have flood safe, I will go get a new hose set and try...keep you posted.  thanks!  fingers crossed that this is it!

#6 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

You can install the FS hoses in reverse of the instructions and the water will not be restricted.

#7 bodybysmith

bodybysmith

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

We switched the hoses to our older ones and now the machine works FINE!!! thank you so much!  Now if you could only solve all the other "problems" in our life that simply. 

I wonder what the appliance repair man from Sears would have said.... 

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

I wonder what the appliance repair man from Sears would have said.... 

"That'll be $95, ma'am."  

Nice job fixing it yourself!  

Here's a set of straight replacement fill hoses:  http://www.repaircli...5516562/1012448

Washing-Machine-Fill-Hose-5305516562-008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics