Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dishwasher SHU5305UC/U12 low/no circulation pump pressure

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 itstilleaks

itstilleaks

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

My Bosch Dishwasher SHU5305UC/U12 suddenly has no wash pressure from the circulation pump.  Just a trickle from the lower arms, with arms removed maybe 1-2" of head from the outlet tube on the floor of the dishwasher.

I was hoping to preemptively order some parts for this before doing the major exploritory dismantle, but I am a little stumped as to what is causing this based on the circumstantial evidence I have. Stuff I know so far:

• very little pressure/flow from the circulation system.

• Reached into circulation pump inlet and found no blockages

• put a socket on the circulation impeller and it turns freely.

• Circulation pump motor reads 10.8 ohms at the control board.

• Circulation pump motor is drawing 1-1.1 amps.

• water heater had been working in the past, not coming on now, but I assume that is from the circulation flow switch not activating do to low flow?

• Circulation pum seems to run fine under power, but the noise it makes is different from before.  I can't tell if this is pump cavitation do to a blockage, or something else.  The motor does turn freely with a socket and I couldn't feel any dragging, scraping, bad bearings etc.

My guesses at this point without dismantaling and actualy looking at the thing are: 

Missing/broken impeller vanes?

Some kind of blockage between the pump and the outlet.  Is it possible to have a blockage there, it seems like it is just the heater module and pretty wide open space.

thoughts?

Thanks!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 JJ Surfer

JJ Surfer

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada pale ale

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

A blockage seems unlikely, I would break the unit down with the impeller kit on hand
http://www.repaircli...t/167085/935404

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

While turning the impeller from inside tub have someone else watch the fan blades on the motor with a mirror under the machine.

Most likely you will find when turning the impeller the motor isn't actually turning, thus when motor is running, impeller isn't turning or is only turning very slowly from friction with back portion of impeller which front vane section has broken away from.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

Adding a little to this, make sure when turning the impeller from inside the tub area not to push inward with too much pressure while turning because this will shove the two impeller halves back together and possible make the actual motor turn and make you think the impeller is OK when in-fact it is the problem.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 itstilleaks

itstilleaks

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Impeller replacement went well.  The impeller vanes had separated from the plate that threads onto the motor shaft.  That why I was feeling a good connection from the impeller to the motor.  It just wasn't connected to the vanes.

Now for new problem.  After a test cycle the dishwasher just keeps filling, even when it is off.  I would immediately suspect the fill solenoid.  But wow thats a coincidence that that would go out within one wash cycle of changing the impeller.  I took it out, tests at 1000 Ω can't blow through it, tested the two micro switches on the left hand fill assembly manifold thingy both test good on both poles.  all the linkages seem clear and functioning to the micro switches.  Blew on the diaphragm actuator that engages and disengages the micro switch fine.  Anything I missed before changing the solenoid?  

TIA!

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

How to check and replace the main circulation impeller in a Bosch dishwasher

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 02 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

Here's the part link for the circulation impeller kit: http://www.repaircli...t/167085/935404

Here's how to install it:

http://youtu.be/id6Y5ZPPFhE

Source: Bosch Dishwasher SHU5305UC/U12 low/no circulation pump pressure

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics