Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

bogreen

GE Refrigerator S X S No Model #

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a customer that called me and said he has his water line coming up the freezer door freezing and not letting water flow.

I've seen this a couple of times before, but per parts distributors, there's no real fix for it.

But, the customer gave me a part # he found online WR49X10173 that he believes should do the job.

Anybody have any experience with this part??

Should it resolve this problem??

How does it install??

Thanks,

Bruce

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

But, the customer gave me a part # he found online WR49X10173 that he believes should do the job.

Anybody have any experience with this part??

Should it resolve this problem??

How does it install??

depends on Fridge model number

http://appliantology.org/files/file/208-ge-refrigerator-dispenser-water-tube-heater-kit-installation-instructions-wr49x10173/

1 person likes this

Also make sure the freezer temp control is not set too high. When i find this problem, I use my steamer to blast steam from the connection at the bottom of the freezer door and again through the spout. Usually the line is still frozen, but almost always clears up two days after I steamed the line. If the situation reoccurs I will install the heater. btw, one of those large oil squeeze bottles with a small long extendable tip works great... fill it with really hot water and run the tip in the line as far as you can and squirt the hot water in the line and spout.

Also make sure the water reservoir is not frozen. If it is, the heater will have no affect on the problem. If the reservoir is frozen, check fridge temps/settings and make sure damper is working properly. If the reservoir is frozen, you will have to get a large pot of hot water, set it in the fridge and lower the reservoir inside it. Have customer refill the pot with warm water every so often.

1 person likes this