Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Tone Blair

Lg washer wm2032hw draining/filling at same time

19 posts in this topic

Wm2032hw

Just installed a new drain pump on this washer, plugged it back in, went to test it, and now its filing and draining at the same time, is this a pressure issue? Computer issue?

The small drain tube connected to the pump is completely clogged with some type of scrud, i tried clearing it, but its like some alien like substance that didnt want to be cleared.

At the time i didnt think it would affect it, but i guess it totally could, or it could be in the pressure hoses too.

Anyone??

Thanks!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I have had this problem and it was a bad water fill valve.

Cool, thx!

Quick question, on regular whirlpool direct drive washers, when the water valve was bad, it would keep letting water in, even after power was removed. On this washer, the water will stop once i turn the cycle off. So is this still a water valve problem?

Is it getting a small amount of current and letting the water thru??

I posted this a couple weeks ago and never got a follow up response from the post, so Im making a new post, not sure if thats breaking the almighty appliance code.

md. WM2032hw

Installed new drain pump, tried to run cycle, it filled and drained at the same time.

Was advised to install the cold water valve, same prob.

Is this a computer prob? Pressure Switch? Something Else?

Thanks!

Check to make sure the drain hose isn't jammed all the way down to the p-trap in the bottom of the house drain stand pipe.  Sounds like you might have a shypon  problem.

If the drain pump is running while it is filling then most likely a main computer(CCU) problem sending constant power to drain pump.

Yea, not the drain hose, its going into a sink and its the water drains quickly, i suspect the computer.

can you verify that the drain pump is running while it is  filling?  What was the initial problem that caused the pump replacement?  check for messed up wiring going to pump

It was initially not draining, you can visually see the water coming out of the drain hose while it is filling.

... can you verify that the drain pump is running

I verified that the drain pump is running

Was the drain pump windings physically burnt out/open?

If so, most likely bad control board burned out motor by running it continuously, these motor are only designed to be ran intermittently, (some of them are marked on the ratings label such as 10min. ON/50min. OFF on a Frigidaire 50Watt motor and 2min.ON/10min.OFF on a Frigidaire 85Watt motor).

I posted this a couple weeks ago and never got a follow up response from the post, so Im making a new post, not sure if thats breaking the almighty appliance code.

md. WM2032hw

Installed new drain pump, tried to run cycle, it filled and drained at the same time.

Was advised to install the cold water valve, same prob.

Is this a computer prob? Pressure Switch? Something Else?

Thanks!

Not exactly correct. In the previous post, you asked a question. You received several responses including a link to a part from the Samurai. You asked another question that no one responded to but you never posted a follow up with the results after installing the suggested part. If you had, you would have received more suggestions.... topics should be merged...

Durham, considering i didnt get a response from my question, i figured no one would pay attention previous post, hence the new post.

I didn't physicaly check to see if the windings were bad, but i will. If the windings are good, does that leave the control board?

I know a bad pump can take out a main pcb on a Samsung.  Also that there could be a stuck pump relay on the LG pcb.  Provided no problem found in pressure switch or hose check the control by giving it a smack with a screwdriver handle.

Depending on how long the old pump was running it might actually still be good and work now.  These pumps, (at least some of them that I know of), have a thermal overload in them that opens when the windings get too hot then closes again when it cools down.

Do you still have the old pump?

Budget, i find pretty much on every pump that is bad, that all kinds of scrud gets inside the actual pump assembly, you can pull the impeller out and kinds of nasty stuff is in there, so yea the old pump is bad.

I pulled new pump out and just told them the board was bad and they decided to replace washer.

I used the new pump in another machine and it works beautifully!!

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Durham, considering i didnt get a response from my question, i figured no one would pay attention previous post, hence the new post.

I didn't physicaly check to see if the windings were bad, but i will. If the windings are good, does that leave the control board?

I certainly understand...merging so others will have all the info at their fingertips