Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDS30IXBL0 stops running

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

My dishwasher has been stopping after about an hour to an hour and a half in the economy mode. I think it dies right before the rinse cycle. The last couple of days I have used the 1 hour wash and it has worked fine until today. I have noticed water coming out from the bottom edge of the button control panel on the front when I open the door. When I remove the cover, I see condensation on the inside of the cover. When the washer died today, I went to re-run it and nothing would happen. I then observed that the heat dry and start/resume button are dimly lit. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

I let the control pad dry out and reinstalled. Powers up great. Wife ran it again on Eco mode and it quit sometime during the wash. Wasn't home, so I don't know when. I can see a circuit board behind the buttons. Is there another board somewhere else? I found the sheet to put it in test mode and I am going to try that and see what is says. Should moisture be getting up in the button housing?

#3 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Update. Ran the test and it looks like I have 3 codes. The first is a 2-1 which says it has to deal with stuck buttons. All the buttons work, but it goes on to talk about moisture and a possible problem with the vent or fan error. The next ones are a 6-1 and 6-2. 6-1 says if 6-2 occurs to look at 6-2. 6-2 states to check the fill valve, fuse on the control for fill, unplug the dishwasher and or change the control due to faulty valve drive circuit. I'm guessing control means the control board?

Is the control board below the button panel and where is the vent wax motor? I feel capable of checking the components, I just don't know where they are and the easiest way to access them. Which code would you look at first?

Thanks in advance if you can help.

#4 Kokanee Ranger

Kokanee Ranger

Ikkō-ikki

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Kokanee ... the beer out here.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Check the seal on the vent .

Also check  the vent itself see if its closing fully.

With a test cord you can apply 120 vac to the wax motor 

on the vent to see if its sealing right.

Wax motor get power directly from the board . If it checks out it's a board issue.

Vent is top left in side the door should have two wires leading to the wax motor.

#5 Kokanee Ranger

Kokanee Ranger

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Part numbers  Vent with wax motor W10195031

Gasket   Wi0469575

Follow the two wires from the wax motor it will lead you to C.C.U.

Most of the wires I see going to the wax motors are purple.

#6 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Will do and thank you very much for responding. I'll let you know what I find. Probably won't be until Thursday as I have to work a double tomorrow.

#7 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

Technical Service Pointer #: W10460581

Concern:

Moisture detected between the inner and outer door panels, or on cabinets around the air inlet area of the outer door panel. Malfunction of user interface due to moisture inside the UI console.

Cause:

Malfunction or leaks in the venting system.

Correction:

If you experience moisture between the inner and outer door panels, inside the user interface console, or on cabinets around the air inlet area of the outer door panel—located near the top left side of the panel—check the following:

• Verify the vent damper is closing by using the service diagnostic routine. Procedure is located in the product tech sheet.

• Verify there are no leaks around the vent bezel seal allowing moisture past the bezel and into the door panel area. The vent assembly must be disassembled from the door to determine if the bezel seal is either rolled or seated properly.

• Verify that wax motor seal and vent bezel seal are not pinched or missing.

• Verify the vent fan motor (if exists) is operating by using the service diagnostic routine. Procedure is located in the product tech sheet.

Edited by Chat_in_FL, 03 July 2013 - 06:06 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#8 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

Thanks Chat. Will post back Thursday.

#9 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Man, you guys rock. I checked to see if the wax motor was closing the flap on the vent and it worked perfectly. I then took the vent off to check the seal. When I took it off, a quarter of it was crimped. It appeared that water has been leaking around it for awhile. I cleaned it up and reinstalled. Ran through a full cycle with no problems. I pulled the control panel off and it was warm, but no condensation. I couldn't find just the seal when I entered the part number on the top of the page. Should I just go ahead and buy a new assembly  or just the seal? There was a small crack in this seal. The unit is 2 1/2 years old by the way.

The one thing I did notice is that there were some soap bubbles in the bottom of the washer when the cycle completed. My wife ran the machine the other day on quick wash and I noticed small amount of foam in the bottom then. Do I need to check the drain hose or pump to see if there is a blockage?

Here are a few pics of the vent and seal.

IMG_3375_zpsfc328a2c.jpg

IMG_3376_zps55b0d035.jpg

IMG_3377_zps9d5c6e3e.jpg

#10 Kokanee Ranger

Kokanee Ranger

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

Gasket   W10469575  is the corect number .

If you copy and pasted ,from above  there was a i instead of a 1, my bad.

You could have leak in your rinse aid dispenser , this usually leaves a trail on the inside of the door.

Or if you have soft water you might want to cut back on detergent.

#11 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Okay, I'll make it an 1, and I did copy and paste. I didn't see a trail and the suds were very light in the front left corner of the floor pan. I'll check again tomorrow as I'm on another double today and still have to work Saturday. We use the little soap packets and do use the rinse aid. If it is leaking, do you just replace the tank or does it have a seal as well?

Also, I guess I should clear the error codes as well?

Thanks for all y'all's help. I will definately be make a beer donation.

#12 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,051 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

Great find and nice pix, too! 

W10469575 is the complete vent assembly, not just the gasket:

Part number: AP5650153

Part number: AP5650153

#13 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

Back to the drawing board I guess. Ran a cycle tonight and somewhere it quit before finishing. When I pulled the door open, water leaked down from the seam where the control panel meets the door face again. I'm going to replace the whole vent assembly. I haven't cleared the codes yet and will do that tomorrow and rerun. Any other ideas on why it may be stopping?

#14 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Ran it again in eco mode before I went to bed. Woke up and no green light. I only added soap on the initial wash and decided to run it on 1 hour mode to get rid of soap. It ran the a complete cycle and when I opened the door, this is what the inside looked like.

IMG_3381_zpse57443c4.jpg

I have always used the same soap packets and never noticed any suds. When I replace the vent assembly, do you think it will stop the water build up that keeps coming out from behind the control panel? I don't believe I have the vent fan motor on this one.

#15 Kokanee Ranger

Kokanee Ranger

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Leaking rinse aid dispenser .

From your pic. I can see the trail on the stainless panel . Leads directly to the dispenser.

#16 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

Thanks. Is that repairable or so you just replace it as well?

#17 Kokanee Ranger

Kokanee Ranger

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

Rinse aid is just concentrated detergent. Detergent = suds !!!

Before changing out the dispenser !

It could be the control board powering the dispenser when it shouldn't.

Electronics do not like heat and moister and yours has been exposed to both.

A cheap fix would be to run without rinse aid . I don't use it myself..

This would depend on the water hardness in your area.

Greater Vancouver B.C. has very soft water so no water spots.        

#18 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

So should I replace the vent housing first and see if moisture is still getting in behind the push button? What else would cause all that moisture in there? It's enough moisture that when I open the door it gaps the plastic control panel from the dishwasher face and I will have three or four streams of water come down the face of the dishwasher.

#19 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,051 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

One of the basic laws of Appliance Repair is that you have to fix the obvious problems first. We know that vent assembly has a problem. Therefore, we must replace the vent assembly. If there is a problem with the electronic control we won't even know that until we've dealt with the issue of the vent assembly.

#20 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Thank you kind sir. Will get the vent ordered. Spent all day doing crown molding that I started in february. lol. How do I donate to the site? Is that with PayPal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics