Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDS30IXBL0 stops running

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,598 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

How do I donate to the site? Is that with PayPal?

Love offerings to the Beer Fund are gratefully accepted via Paypal:  http://beer.fixitnow.com/

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

Will do. This may be a stupid question I just thought of, but which way is the interior vent cap suppose to face? With the vent blades facing up or down? I can't remember if it only goes one way and I'm at work right now, so I can't check.

#23 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

The notch goes to the bottom.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#24 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Thanks spannerwrench and I do like crown royal as well.

#25 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

This thing is driving me nuts. Put the new vent on. No water . Ran the first cycle fine, but noticed a little water/suds in the bottom. Hit the drain button and it emptied. Ran the next cycle and the same thing. Took the cover off the drain and all looked good. Checked that the discharge line and it was clear. Ran again, same thing. Ideas?

IMG_3393_zpsb777a482.jpg

IMG_3401_zpsd18a3f48.jpg

IMG_3400_zpsf0ac8706.jpg

I thought I rotated that picture. Sorry its upside down

#26 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Forgot to add. It holds that amount of water each time and I have ran it on 1hr wash and eco wash with the same results. It says it completes the cycle and give a green finish light.
Thanks for correcting the picture.

#27 bigbuck

bigbuck

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Red Wine

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

One drop of non dishwasher soap will give you suds.Or like in the other posts your rinse aid tank maybe leaking or putting it in at the wrong time.Do you just rinse your dirty dishes off with water.Do not soak dirty dishes in non dishwasher soap.

#28 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

I always rinse them with just water because it takes a little bit for the hot to reach the sink. I think the jet dry is empty, but I guess you have to take it off to be sure. I use the jet dry because our water spots everything. I think the drain area looked pretty clean for just opening it up. You can see the suds floating on the water in the center. Shouldn't that drain out? Also it didn't run a full cycle last time on eco. Any way to test the control board?

#29 Kokanee Ranger

Kokanee Ranger

Ikkō-ikki

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Kokanee ... the beer out here.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Drain pumps are designed to pump water not suds . All your water is turning to suds , after the dry cycle most of the suds have turned back into water and thats what you see.

You should be able to detach the black panel off the front from the control panel.

Reattach the latch and control to the inner panel. Closed the door and run a quick or 1 Hour cycle.

Now grab a beer .. maybe two and watch the dispenser. Whether it has a wax motor or a cylinoid.

It should only activate twice . First time to release detergent in the wash cycle and once more in the rinse cycle for your JetDry.

If it is activated more the twice then it is your control.

Only twice you have a leaking dispenser.

Leaking dispenser is the more likely cause , But I have seen a bad control One time !

#30 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thanks Kokanee. I was gonna give an update an ask a question, but think you already answered it. I cleared the diagnostics and ran it again. This time no suds, but the jet dry was empty. I was wondering how to test that part and if I'm reading you right, I'm basically running the washer without the cover on to watch the dispenser.

That still leaves me with why will it stop during a cycle and is it normal for water to be left in the bottom? I know samurai said one step at a time, so ill do the dispenser next.

#31 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

Okay....the saga continues. Life has gotten in the way, so I ordered a new soap dispenser since the consensus is that it is leaking which I agree. Once it was empty, the suds went away. Put the new one and ran the eco cycle. It shut off sometime during the cycle and now I am back to the original main problem. I think I cleared the error code last time, but it stilled showed a 6-1 and 6-2. I'll try and run a diagnostics again tonight, but not sure if the old codes are clearing. Is this a junky dishwasher? Should I throw in the towel and just get a new one? Thanks so far for your help.

#32 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Run it with no detergent and no rinse agent and see what happens.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#33 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

In the process as we speak. When I did the first run after installing the new dispenser, I did not add any jet dry to the dispenser, so it is still clean. I just cant figure why the thing is shutting off mid cycle. I pressed the hi temp key in interval 20 and 13 last time to clear the codes. I hope thats correct. Thanks Spannerwrench. I'm running on the 1 hour mode right now and will get back with you later. One thing is for sure, I can get that front panel off pretty darn quick now. lol.

#34 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

That still leaves me with why will it stop during a cycle and is it normal for water to be left in the bottom?

W10398386

Customer Concern: Dishwasher stops approximately 10 minutes into the cycle, “cancel drains” and goes directly to standby mode (off).

Cause: Testing has determined that cycle stopping may result from a software error that can cause a false error code that cancels the cycle. Techs will see a 6-1 error code recorded in service diagnostics. This issue is very sporadic, and is affected by the location of the household and region of the country.  Other conditions that may also cause this “cancel drain” cycle are: siphoning through the drain hose, severe sudsing, and debris in the sump.

Correction:

If the customer experiences a “cancel drain” issue, first check the following:

1. Make sure the dishwasher is installed according to installation instructions provided with the unit.

2. Check for water siphoning out through the drain hose. Ensure that the drain hose end termination point

is above the water level in the tub. The drain loop attached to the side of the tub is not sufficient to

prevent siphoning.

3. Check for severe sudsing or a malfunctioning Rinse Aid dispenser.

4. Check for locked rotor in wash pump.

5. Check for and remove debris in the bottom of the sump/chopper area.

6. Check for water supply and proper water level in the dishwasher.

7. If all the above checks are OK, then the control will need to be replaced with one that has the upgraded

software designed to handle any additional power variation. See chart below for part numbers.

Control Part Number

W10195347

W10195348

W10380684

W10380685

Replace with Part Number W10380685

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#35 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

No suds in either run. Had the 6-2 and 6-1 in the customer error slots and no codes in the service error slots.

Thanks Chat... Let me go over them one by one.

1) I followed the instructions on installation and did not have any problems until the unit was over two years old. Could I have still put it in wrong?

2) I believe the drain line runs into my disposal as I can see the water enter when the drain cycle comes on. Couldn't tell you if I have a loop in it because I don't remember.

3) Replaced with new dispenser and no suds. Removed soap from old one and then no suds.

4) Not sure how to do this one.

5) It was clean as per the pics.

6) How do I check for proper water level?

It's drained completely the last several times, but the few that did not showed the green light for the end of cycle.  Today I know it shut off within an hour, but couldn't tell you the exact time.

This problem has been sporadic for the last several month, but got worse when I started this thread.

#36 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,598 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Replace with Part Number W10380685

http://www.repaircli...0380685/1938381

#37 elwood13

elwood13

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

A new control board it shall be. Thanks, and I will keep you updated.

#38 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

Gasket   W10469575  is the corect number .

5 . . . W10195031 Vent Assembly
http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=2210048
picUnavailable175.jpg

(Also Order Item 6)
6 . . . 8269259 Gasket, Vent
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=830951
Seal-8269259--00584661.jpg
W1012089-00003.png

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics