Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Patricio

Samsung door removal

7 posts in this topic

I have a strange service call to make.  Request to remove Samsung doors from a French refrigerator so the can get into their house.    Tips on how to remove all 3 doors?    No I don't have a model number but how hard can it be.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

First tip.... get the model number and manual! Some samsungs require quite a few screws to be removed. Some require hinge trim to be pried off to access screws to remove a cover that spans across the top of the fridge so you can disconnect a john guest fiting as well as electrical connections. Those hinge trim pieces are very fragile

I been thinking might be better to remove the door.....to the house.

My order of preference if I have to remove doors etc to get a fridge into a house is .....fridge door handles.....House doors........fridge doors.

patio door access ?

How do they plan to get the fridge out when it craps out in 10 years?

Same way I put it in today.   Just went

My order of preference if I have to remove doors etc to get a fridge into a house is .....fridge door handles.....House doors........fridge doors.

Removing handles & house door would not leave enough clearance,  all 4 refer doors must come off.

patio door access ?

None.

How do they plan to get the fridge out when it craps out in 10 years?

Same way I put it in.   Went to house, spent 90 minutes total on site.  Samsung was in garage loaded full & running.  After careful inspection started at top.   Lots of dismantling to get doors & drawer doors off.   Was not difficult at all.  taking food out was most time.   Putting back together was a piece of cake.   Paid $105 cash, customer's wife happy.   My wife happy (good paycheck).   :wink: