Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Fridge/Freezer GSS25KGPAWW not working right

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CMacc

CMacc

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sam Adams

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hello my Fridge freezer has stopped working right I had the same problem a few days ago and let it defrost for about 8 hours ,turned it back on and every thing worked fine. I can hear the compressor working but does not seem to be any air blowing . I am defrosting the freezer. now I also have noticed that the settings have changed now the controls are at the top of the fridge and I see my brothers placing their hands at the top as they look for what they want don't know if they are changing them as they look but even after resetting them cant get the fridge /Freezer cold please any help is welcome don't want to just change parts around

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

No air blowing in the freezer compartment, or in the back? Or both?

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

may need to see if the Freezer Evaporator Fan is working,

and while you're in there,

post a picture of the frost pattern of the Evaporator Coils

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 bigbuck

bigbuck

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Red Wine

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

Yea you need to look at frost pattern and see if its all the way up to the top of freezer and see if the evaporator fan is working.Lots of problems with mother boards BURNING out fan resistor on mother board and requiring replacement of both fan motor and mother board on those GSS. models.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics