Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag widexside

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:40 AM

Water comes out of the dipensor for about 15 seconds after filing glass and when the icemaker calls for water half of the water goes into the icemaker and half out the dispensor onto the floor:yikes: 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:36 AM

With no model number and not knowing how old this box is, anyway, something is shorted, feeding the dispenser and the icemaker side of the fill valve at the same time.  Some of the newer boxes have diodes in the harness to the ice maker valve and could be out, but do not know if this pertains to your Ref. .  Something like this would be best handled by a service company.   I do not believe this will be something I would recomend anyone else try to repair, unless there are some Maytag authorized servicers in here that can help this person further with the information provided. 
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:13 AM

How did that happen? Oh I know I re-posted but I did it the first time so sorry

MZD2766GEW rev 10, your great Pegi but not as great as the illustrious SAMURAI:dude:

#4 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:22 AM

I put the model # under description the first time :shock:

#5 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:32 AM

It's only 4 years old, the original problem was pin holes in the lines, then found that the condensor fan motor wasn't running, replaced fan motor. Now which came first I don't know, Did the pin holes shoot water on the fan motor or did the fan motor go out and caused a high heat situation causing the pin holes which might have in turn shorted out the fill valves or the dispensor board? Was just wondering if anyone has had this problem yet as I had heard something about a problematic fill valve on Maytags which I thought I had read here at one time but at my wired and shorted stage in life I could be mistaken( it's posible but highly unlikely):)

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,788 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:02 PM

Check the wiring at the water inlet valve in back and the harness on the freezer door top hinge.  Look for signs of corrosion and insulation damage.  If you post or fax the wiring diagram (775-416-4449) I can give you some tests that I would do if I were on the service call. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics