Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG dishwasher sump part - can anybody tell me what this is?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lunaharpua

lunaharpua

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maine Beer Company MO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Hi there,

I'm dismantling and replacing my LG dishwasher sump assembly and I've come across a part on the new one that's located on the opposite side of where it's located on my current (broken) one.  As a result, I can't attach the power cable to it.  I'm going to try to get an extension for the cable, but, A: is this a bad idea in terms of power supply, and B: what the heck is the name of this part, and what is its purpose?  It's located here:

http://appliantology...rdown-10-of-12/

Last question: if it's a bad idea to get an extension for this power cable, what are my other options?  I cannot seem to find a sump assembly that matches the broken one, though this new one is nearly identical save for the location of this part.

Thanks,

Lunaharpua

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 lunaharpua

lunaharpua

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

After an exhaustive search, I've answered my first question - it's a humidity sensor.  But the question remains that it's on the wrong side of the plug.  Any suggestions?  How badly do I need a humidity sensor?  Is it optional?

Thanks.

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

old & new D/W model numbers ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 lunaharpua

lunaharpua

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

The D/W is an LG LDF7811ST-01.  The new sump assembly part # is 3485ED1002B, but I can't see any part # on the one I'm replacing.  This new sump assembly seems to be the only one available for my model number, but there are two main differences - the humidity sensor location and the water guide connection, which is also in a different spot, requiring a the newly designed water guide.  

If there's no easy solution here, I'm considering bagging the repair and investing in a Bosch.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

... The D/W is an LG LDF7811ST-01.

both old and new D/W's have the same model number ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 lunaharpua

lunaharpua

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

To clarify, I'm not replacing the D/W itself - just the sump assembly on the original D/W.  

After additional research, it seems the sump assembly I'm after is part number AJH31248604.  The one listed as the official replacement for my model through Sears Parts Direct does not fit my model at all.  I've let them know and ordered the correct one here.

In other words, problem solved.  But it should be an important caveat to anyone who might have the same problem - make sure you note the location of your humidity sensor before ordering the part, and always compare that location with the one in the photo of the replacement sump assembly.  Why they'd change the location of that element and not alter anything else on the sump assembly is beyond me.

Thanks for your help, Grand Master Funk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics