Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
RBR

Jenn-Air Stove Top burner not igniting when gas is turned on

7 posts in this topic

Our Model JGD8130ADB Jenn-Air stovetop front burner is not "clicking" or igniting when we turn on the gas. If I physically light it with a hand-held lighter, it will ignite and then stay lit. The burner directly behind it still ignites and lights. (Sorry, apologizing in advance. I don't know the correct terminology for the appliance parts, etc.). I am not sure which part to order to fix our stovetop. Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, ~RBR

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The Spark Ignitor Switch on that Burner Valve could be defective

your model uses these part numbers

74006157 SWITCH, VALVE (SINGLE)

74006955 SWITCH, VALVE (SINGLE)

Part number: 74006157

Part number: 74006157

74006158 SWITCH, VALVE (DOUBLE)

74006956 SWITCH, VALVE (DOUBLE)

Part number: 74006158

Part number: 74006158

Wonderful! How do I know if I should order the single or double switch valve?

Thanks for the quick reply :)

~RBR

test each of your Valve Switches with a meter, to see which one isn't working

The single switch has (2) terminals

the double switch has (4) terminals

Reg said "could", as in might be... as I typed this his reply about testing just came in above.

Do what the nice Reg man says, be sure that you have found the real cause of the issue and only then spend money on parts.

Monkeys toss in part after part and hope it gets fixed. Technicians diagnose properly and use one part; the right one. :)

Great! Thanks for the tips :) Gathering all the data before handing it over to my hubby, the handyman. Happy 4th and God Bless America.

One more question...what type of meter do we use to test the valve switches?

*Something to note: this is quite odd, once we light the burner with an external hand-held lighter, the burner will ignite; then the ignitor will even spark. If we turn the burner off for a few seconds then, and try to re-light, it will spark and ignite. But if the burner cools off, it no longer ignites. That seems very odd.